Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Without hesitation, absolutely. Dre Byers has the benefit of more progressions, though after a little more looking around I'd probably put Scates ahead of Lord.

It's tough because Lord has 0 progressions, Byers has 6 seasons of progressions, and Scates only has 2. So we're not judging these guys at their peaks, they're all at different periods of their careers. Byers is just so impactful, he lead Warrior teams to multiple Final's appearances including one ring.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Byers actually is only a year older than Scates, but Scates is probably the best perimeter defender in the league, Byers is nice on defense but not a game changer there. When it comes to offense and rebounding, I think it's pretty much a toss up between the two (when you factor in positions), so the defensive edge made the big difference to me.

·
Registered
10,706 Posts
same.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Byers actually is only a year older than Scates, but Scates is probably the best perimeter defender in the league, Byers is nice on defense but not a game changer there. When it comes to offense and rebounding, I think it's pretty much a toss up between the two (when you factor in positions), so the defensive edge made the big difference to me.
He's definitely not the best perimeter defender, that title belongs to Cameron Clothier with his 9-9-9-7 defensive 1-9's and 65 steall/68 block. Scates is a great defender, but Cloth is noticeably better than him on that side of the ball.

And how isn't Byers a game changer defensively? 9 o-d, 7 d-d, 9 p-d, 42 block rating, and a low foul rate. He can defend any type of big man (at PF or C), is a threat to block a shot, and does it all at a 2 DI. I agree it's not the most enticing part of his game, but I think that says more about the total package that he is versus the quality of his defense not being elite.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
He's definitely not the best perimeter defender, that title belongs to Cameron Clothier with his 9-9-9-7 defensive 1-9's and 65 steall/68 block. Scates is a great defender, but Cloth is noticeably better than him on that side of the ball.

And how isn't Byers a game changer defensively? 9 o-d, 7 d-d, 9 p-d, 42 block rating and a low foul rate. He can defend any type of big man, is a threat to block a shot, and does it all at a 2 DI. I agree it's not the most enticing part of his game, but I think that says more about the total package that he is versus the quality of his defense not being elite.
figured I was forgetting someone on defense, just didn't think it would be the third guy on my list after the two we're talking about lol

Byers defensive 1-9s are great, but so are Scates. And you'll find way more players with a 42 block rating than a 112 steal rating. Byers numbers are the type that you're happy to have on a starter, whereas Scates numbers are the type that would make him a starter. I just don't see that type of difference in any other aspect of their games.

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Cloth was once in Memphis? Who is the owner that traded him? I will find you.

I have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you give me back Cloth, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
KJ traded him when they were a league run team. He did it to get rid of long-term horrible, no chance to get out of contracts signed by a previous owner Keaf :keaf:

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
Kozny plus a couple draft picks I think.

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
So no picks involved.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts