Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see the game but it appears that Kwame punked Jermaine O'neal, outscoring him 25 to 12 in a Wizards win.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Jermaine had 12 pts, 15 rebs, 3 blocks
Kwame had 25 pts, 9 rebs, 3 blocks

Great game for Kwame, he seems to get compared to JO a lot. Its good to see him outplay his more developed comparison. :D

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
JO was owning Jeffries in the early on, but then Kwame took him and the game changed.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Maybe the Wizards will realize that the guy needs to consistently play 30 minutes a night. It seems every time Kwame gets hot, here comes Leattner to take his minutes and crush his confidence.

·
Registered
775 Posts
He's getting close to there...

Last 10 games he's played about or almost 30 minutes in 9 of those games.

Hopefully his body is stronger now and can handle the minutes.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Without a doubt Kwame is displaying more and more poise out on the floor. A lot of his tentativeness is gone, though I don't think things like rebounding or moving on the help side comes instinctively to him just yet. Possibly in the next couple of years he will be a complete player. Also, anything outside of 10 feet from the basket, he is just not comfortable with.

I wager that soon, you will see forwards really play off of Kwame, and teams will shoot a guard at him as soon as he puts it on the floor. Once he picks up his dribble, then the guard should recover to the open man left on the rotation. Trust me, this will frustrate the hell out of Kwame.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Kwaminator Brown.

My boy!

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Kwame Brown and Eddy Curry are easily two of the more frustrating players in the league. What a crazy draft. Both guys tease you with games like this from time to time where they look awesome, and then they languish for other long stretches.

I hope this is a sign of Kwame busting out.

But I doubt it. I've seen this all before.

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BCH</b>!
I wager that soon, you will see forwards really play off of Kwame, and teams will shoot a guard at him as soon as he puts it on the floor. Once he picks up his dribble, then the guard should recover to the open man left on the rotation. Trust me, this will frustrate the hell out of Kwame.
Yeah, I agree. If Kwame shows signs of a break out and strings together some 20 pt games, then things will get tougher for him. The opposition will put their best defender on Kwame, they will double him and they will study film on him to learn his post moves. This happened to Zach Randolph, and he has since been slowed down. Over this season and next, Kwame will need to to develop a consistent jumper and learn to make smart decisions with the ball (like passing out of double teams) before taking his game to the next level.

It is good to see him showing positive signs though. :)

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
with guys like tyson chandler,kwame brown and eddy curry(all young of course) its a matter of bringing it every night and working at making your game better year round. talent isnt the issue.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rainman</b>!
with guys like tyson chandler,kwame brown and eddy curry(all young of course) its a matter of bringing it every night and working at making your game better year round. talent isnt the issue.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Kwame's game has been really impressive over the last 10-15 games. He's just starting to get real consistent minutes for the first time in his career.

He's still only 22, and has tons of potential. I never thought he would ever be worth that # 1 pick, maybe he'll prove me wrong, but he's going to be a hell of a player nonetheless. Everyone was so ready to label him a bust, but it's only his third year and he's still real young, I don't even consider Darius Miles a bust and it's his 4th year out of high school.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts