·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Season stats:

Kwame Brown: 4 blocks in 223 minutes

Andrew Bynum: 6 blocks in 28 minutes

Encouraging, no?

But seriously, this is a career low for Kwame in bpg, and I have no idea why, beyond the fact that he's generally not a good basketball player of course. Then again he's a very good post defender, but it's not like he can't jump. I mean, he should be getting an incidental block every single game. Hell, isn't Kobe averaging 0.9 bpg or something this season? I bet Wade is averaging 1.5 or something too.

Anyway, I'm impressed with Andrew. He already seems like he belongs on the court more than Mihm and Kwame combined. I can't wait to see how good he is when he develops an NBA body.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
How can you seriously be bashing Mihm after the last 3 games?

He's now averaging 10ppg and 6rpg and he's 1 rebound shy of having a double-double in the last three games.

Kwame I'll give you...he has just been terrible. Heck, he was much better than this in the preseason...what happened?

Andrew should be getting more minutes. He's already proven that he can be a defensive presence and his offensive moves at least look pretty smooth out there. I think, aside from lack of experience, Phil also isn't giving him a lot of time because he isn't quite in NBA condition. It would be difficult for Drew to play against up-tempo teams like Phoenix or New York.

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
14,767 Posts
Damian Necronamous said:

He's now averaging 10ppg and 6rpg and he's 1 rebound shy of having a double-double in the last three games.
It's not on consistent basis. On road games, Mihm had off nights last season and this season, he had only one good game at Philadelphia.

Bynum rules! :worship:

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts
thats 3 consecutive good games from mihm if you dont think those were good games thats a good indication you want fat man back in LA

but then again it wouldnt feel right to see EHL post something good about mihm

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Damian Necronamous said:

Kwame I'll give you...he has just been terrible. Heck, he was much better than this in the preseason...what happened?

Andrew should be getting more minutes. He's already proven that he can be a defensive presence and his offensive moves at least look pretty smooth out there. I think, aside from lack of experience, Phil also isn't giving him a lot of time because he isn't quite in NBA condition. It would be difficult for Drew to play against up-tempo teams like Phoenix or New York.
Agreed.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damian Necronamous said:

How does Mihm not get criticized? How many more seasons of terribly inconsistent play do you need before you admit to yourself that he's not that good of a player? If Mihm can have more games like the ones he has been having the last 3 or so games, then I'd be thrilled. Unfortunately it's games like the one he had against the Hawks (and several others this season) that frustrate you with Mihm. He's just not consistent, accept it.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
dannyM said:
phil knows something we dont know.

thats why hes not playing bynum
He just turned 18 years old, still gets bullied by veteran bigs, and the fact that he is adjusting to the triangle while adjusting to the speed of the NBA at the same time. The speed of the NBA and the speed of high school basketball is drastically different. And with the triangle, well there are guys in the Lakers who have been in the league for years, who are still lost in the triangle. So Bynum is no exception.

I'm pretty sure that's why his minutes are limited, not some secret that Phil is keeping. It's fairly obvious that Bynum's playing time should be limited at this point.

That said, the kid does look good. He is atleast 7'0 tall, ridiculously lengthy, and most importantly he has a big frame. He is not particularly strong yet, but when he puts on the weight, you will see the effect right away. David Robinson is a guy who had a slim frame, and he put on a lot of muscle during his career, he was ripped, but he still struggled to hold his own (strength-wise, of course) against guys who were just naturally bigger. Bynum is naturally big, but not necessarily strong yet.

He looks to have a good touch and a good feel for the game, although I haven't seen him enough to say for sure. At this point, you have to see the little things and build from there. He definitely has the physical tools (height, length, athleticism), now it's just a matter of watching for how good his hands are, his touch, his natural footwork, and his overall instincts and intelligence on the court.

He seems like a good kid too. Willing to learn and not a jerk. I'm looking forward to seeing this kid grow. Lakers may have picked a diamond in the rough, but how long will it take to surface? Hopefully not too long.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I just dont understand why Kwame cant catch the damn ball? Even Boykins can catch the ball, even i can catch the damn ball so why Kwame not? I dont think that the small hand problems, maybe something with his mind..

·
Banned
480 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
That said, the kid does look good. He is atleast 7'0 tall, ridiculously lengthy, and most importantly he has a big frame. He is not particularly strong yet, but when he puts on the weight, you will see the effect right away.

he`s 270-280lbs,if he puts on any more weight he`ll be oliver miller

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Bynum needs offense then he will play alot

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts
EHL said:
How does Mihm not get criticized? How many more seasons of terribly inconsistent play do you need before you admit to yourself that he's not that good of a player? If Mihm can have more games like the ones he has been having the last 3 or so games, then I'd be thrilled. Unfortunately it's games like the one he had against the Hawks (and several others this season) that frustrate you with Mihm. He's just not consistent, accept it.
if he ever was consistent, averaging a double double, we would be paying him around 9 million

you get what you pay for thats the case with mihm

anything he does better than jerome james, we should compliment him not criticize him

·
Premium Member
10,320 Posts
Kwame sucks at defense, just like everything else. The reason he does not block shots is because his only defensive position down low is to immediately raise his arms up in the air. Even against little guards. Why a man that big takes the sissy way out everytime is beyond me.

·
Player
7,852 Posts
bynum got defense like a young tim duncan, i adore the kid. he should be better than kwame by next year at the latest.

sidenote-it feels weird calling an nba player "kid", but he is younger than me. crazy.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DavidBlunkett said:
That's not true. He's 7'1", almost 7'2", and has a 7'6" wingspan. Just by being the way he is he's 275-280lbs. But he's clearly not strong, he's a skinny guy. Which makes you hopeful that he can add 30 lbs of muscle and be a 300lb+ force in the paint.

dannyM said:
if he ever was consistent, averaging a double double, we would be paying him around 9 million

you get what you pay for thats the case with mihm

anything he does better than jerome james, we should compliment him not criticize him
The Lakers wouldn't be paying him $9M, he's under contract for several more years. And pay has nothing to do with it; Mihm is inconsistent and a good backup center who starts at center for the Lakers. That's it.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
DavidBlunkett said:
He needs to put on muscle. He lost a lot of weight from draft time to the start of the season, but it was fat. He was a little fat before. How much did Shaq weight at LSU? He was a lot skinnier than he was in his prime, but all the weight he put on up until 2000-2001 or so was muscle. Bynum will be a beast of a player when he puts on some muscle weight, because he has a huge frame.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
EHL said:
The Lakers wouldn't be paying him $9M, he's under contract for several more years. And pay has nothing to do with it; Mihm is inconsistent and a good backup center who starts at center for the Lakers. That's it.
That Lakers signed him to a very modest deal to be a backup. He was forced to start when Vlade was done. He's not playing below expectations.

Kwame on the other hand is a 9 million a year disaster. Especially considering Caron Butler is 8x the player he is. Hell Brian Cook is just as good.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts