Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but he sux. :(

He has flashes of playing well, but they are very rare. His best moves in the post are his up and under moves. He has good quickness for a guy his size but his shot selection in the post is terrible. He throws up some ridiculous shots on the block. His rebounding tenacity is pitiful also. Lamar shouldn't be the leading rebounder on the team.

Mihm is better than Kwame at this point. Kwame is still a project, but his game has suffered by not going to college and learning how to play basketball. I wouldn't give up on him yet, he has that much potential.

I'm rooting for Kwame, but as of now he looks like a Michael Olowokandi and that's not very good.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
He looks worse than originally expected. Don't know what it is, but whatever the issue is if it's not fixed by the ASB he should be traded by the deadline or summer. Which would be sad if it happened because he has every opportunity in the world to succeed here.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you don't think rebuilding Kwame should be a Laker project? That would mean we have Bynum and Kwame as two bigs we need to develop. That might be too much. I thought we could give Kwame 1 year to develop and then test him next year. He still has much potential.

·
The Black Mamba
1,652 Posts
Kwame needs to work on a lot of things to improve his game. He needs to work on his footwork, develop a consistent 5-10 foot jump shot. After watching last nights game against Memphis, some of you are probably wondering why he needs a jumpshot since he couldn't even lay the ball into the hoop. I figure that if Kwame develops a nice little jumpshot then that will open up his inside game. Also, his demeanor should change. Kwame doesn't look motivated when he plays.

·
Snapping Necks and Cashing Checks
12,586 Posts
Wilmatic2 said:
Kwame needs to work on a lot of things to improve his game. He needs to work on his footwork, develop a consistent 5-10 foot jump shot. After watching last nights game against Memphis, some of you are probably wondering why he needs a jumpshot since he couldn't even lay the ball into the hoop. I figure that if Kwame develops a nice little jumpshot then that will open up his inside game. Also, his demeanor should change. Kwame doesn't look motivated when he plays.
He also need to work on his

<---

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Kwame still seems like he is rushing things.

Instead of securing the ball/position he is rushing what he needs to do.

I can't believe that this falls in "small hands" for the fumbled point blank layups.

I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for his teammates to get him the ball in prime postion and see him fumble it away time and time again.

·
Snapping Necks and Cashing Checks
12,586 Posts
I dont think its necessarily small hands that hurts him, cuz Im only 6' and i can palm the ball or atleast cup it in my wrist ala Dr J and Kemp, its just that he has bad hands period. That can also be attributed to him being overeager to prove himself. He needs to calm down and focus.

·
Registered
181 Posts
not really he does ot suck he is good he is just learning with the triangle that phil does

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
I'm starting to side with Jemel on these issues. I hope we never take a chance on a player like this again. It's one thing to take a Kwame Brown in the draft but the guy hadn't done a damn thing in his first 3 years in the league and he was handsomely rewarded in the offseason. For what? I hope we don't blow all our cap room in 2 years on Darko Milicic or someone who hasn't done anything yet.

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
28,008 Posts
Saying he's Olowokandi would be a compliment.

Olowokandi at least had one halfway decent season in a contract year.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I agree with the Cuban. Kwame needs to calm down, set up right and take his shots. He plays as if he's got alot of pressure on his shoulders. (which in a way he does)

Get his confidence up; let him get some fastbreak dunks or alley-oops. Or simply accept that he's not gonna be super-power forward and have him concentrate on defense and rebounds. Let him find his niche and excel in it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
im sorry im a laker fan 2 but there both bad...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Bartholomew Hunt said:
I think Kwame's problem is that he sucks at basketball. He does have athletic ability and size though. Judging from his first years in the league, he obviously has a lack of determination.
this is the correct answer. he is not a basketball player

·
Pacman & Mamba
2,558 Posts
I'm just kinda curious what the hell did they teach him @ washington?

To me he seems like he's really "RAW", like a first year rookie. I thought all he needed was a change of scenery. He has'nt proved anything to me yet unfotunately. But, it still early, so i hope he proves me wrong

·
I Love This Game
2,596 Posts
i got the same feeling, like he was a rookie and wasnt taught what to do in certain situations. I mean he just looks lost out there.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
The biggest problem he has is that he's like a "skilled" player with no skills. Meaning...

he's not a "hustle" player. Its not like you can tell him to "just focus on rebounding".."you can foul out in 5 minutes as long as you crash boards." Thats not the kind of player he is. He's not a "energy" player or a "hustle" guy. He cant "work" himself into a good game.

You have to run plays for him to keep him interested.....the problem is he has no moves. Its not like you can run the Pick n roll with him & Kobe to get him a open jumper or post him up on the left block.....he has no speciality.

·
heatseeker
7,066 Posts
Ghiman said:
I'm just kinda curious what the hell did they teach him @ washington?

To me he seems like he's really "RAW", like a first year rookie. I thought all he needed was a change of scenery. He has'nt proved anything to me yet unfotunately. But, it still early, so i hope he proves me wrong

How to be Jordans *****?

·
Premium Member
10,320 Posts
tone wone said:
The biggest problem he has is that he's like a "skilled" player with no skills. Meaning...

he's not a "hustle" player. Its not like you can tell him to "just focus on rebounding".."you can foul out in 5 minutes as long as you crash boards." Thats not the kind of player he is. He's not a "energy" player or a "hustle" guy. He cant "work" himself into a good game.

You have to run plays for him to keep him interested.....the problem is he has no moves. Its not like you can run the Pick n roll with him & Kobe to get him a open jumper or post him up on the left block.....he has no speciality.
Not a bad post. He may be incapable of being a role player. But he is nowhere near capable enough to be a franchise player.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts