Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kwame after last nights game vs the suns is now averaging 10.0 ppg and 7.0 rpg. He is now one step closer to averaging a double double, i find it hard to believe that he could get 3 more rpg by the end of the season.

Predictions for end of season average?

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
13.0 ppg 8rpg

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
11.8 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 1.5 APG, 1.4 SPG, 0.9 BPG

Those numbers may not seem like a ton, but it's tough to add more than that 1.8 PPG to your scoring average with less than half the season to work with. His scoring will go down a bit with our returning injured players as well. His assists really should be higher, with the number of good passes he makes, but they just don't seem to ever come.

EDIT: Changed the PPG prediction.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
10.8 PPG, 8.3 PPG, 2 APG, 1.6 SPG, 1.2 BPG

Kwame is a very underrated passer and efender and I have been screaming that to the Wizard brethren all season :D

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Alright, I'm changing my prediction. I just kind of threw my number out there; now that I did a bit of my rough math, I see that he'd have to average just over 17 PPG for the rest of the year to reach 12.9 PPG for the season. I think he might be able to do it with our current team, but I doubt that he will if both Stackhouse and Arenas come back and play out the year.

I think a more realistic number for him to average over the rest of the season is about 14 PPG (which may still be high by a point or so), which would put his final season numbers at 11.8 PPG.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'll be the pessimist of the group as I'm part of the "trade Kwame" club:

8.6 ppg 6.7 rbg

and i betcha i'm right and the 'kwame is the future' club will finally die out with his game. Ha, okay thats a little harsh, but I doubt he'll ever average a double double... ever.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SKLB54</b>!
I'll be the pessimist of the group as I'm part of the "trade Kwame" club:

8.6 ppg 6.7 rbg

and i betcha i'm right and the 'kwame is the future' club will finally die out with his game. Ha, okay thats a little harsh, but I doubt he'll ever average a double double... ever.
I'm curious as to why you think that both of his numbers will drop by the end of the year. Common sense would say that they'd at least stay about the same, given that he's now getting 30+ MPG in almost every game as opposed to the beginning of the year, when he was only cracking 30 every three games or so.

It'll take more than one game (not sure which game you're talking about, our next one?) for us Wiz fans to jump off of his bandwagon after almost a month straight of solid performances. Don't worry though, if for some reason he fails completely from here on out, you can always come back with an "I told you so" ;)

·
Registered
462 Posts
bump

As of April 8, 2004

10.9 ppg
7.3 rbg

My prediction:
8.6 ppg
6.7 rpg

My prediction is still realistic... I was gonna wait til the end of the year to bump this thread, but why not now...

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SKLB54</b>!
bump

As of April 8, 2004

10.9 ppg
7.3 rbg

My prediction:
8.6 ppg
6.7 rpg

My prediction is still realistic... I was gonna wait til the end of the year to bump this thread, but why not now...
Mine was closer :D 11.8 PPG (0.9 too high) and 7.7 RPG (0.4 too high)

Just curious though, why do you say that your prediction is still realistic? What does that mean exactly? Even if Kwame gets zero points and zero rebounds in each of our remaining four games, his numbers would only drop to 10.3 PPG and 7.1 RPG -- still decently above what you predicted, particularly the points.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts