Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kwame has gotten 8 or more shot attempts in 12 games so far this season, and here are his offensive numbers in those games.

PPG: 13.2
FG: 5.0-9.4 (53.1%)
FT: 3.3-4.5 (73.3%)
MPG: 32.9
Record: 5-7

I'm not looking to prove any point or anything like that, I was just curious how well Kwame handled a lot of shot attempts (for him) and how the team did when he was shooting the ball often. Both stats came up positive; he shoots the ball efficiently and gets to the free throw line pretty well with high shot attempts, and the team as a whole looks to do better under those circumstances. Our total record is 9-25 -- 5-7 with Kwame getting 8+ attempts, 4-18 when he gets less than 8. I didn't factor in who we were playing or anything like that, but that's still a pretty big difference.

I just wish that we'd get him these type of numbers, specifically shot attempts and minutes, on a consistent basis. He seems to be able to handle them well, and since our team isn't going anywhere this season, it could very well make a difference when it comes to how he plays next season and beyond.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
he's a PF. and with the wizard's offense, the big men don't get to offensively participate in much plays. they either come to top of key and catch pass then hand-off, or drive and kick out. when kwame and JJ have so pretty good post moves. when they are in, we should try going low a lot more.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PPG: 13.3
FG: 5.0-9.5 (52.6%)
FT: 3.4-4.6 (73.9%)
MPG: 33.4
Record: 6-7

Just a semi-update based on tonight's Sixer game. It's not exact, as I accidently threw away my spreadsheet with his previous stats, but it's close. We're almost at .500 when he gets 8+ shots.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JarvisHayes24</b>!
53% shooting from a big man? :dead: No wonder he doesnt get those shot attempts every game...
That would currently rank 4th in the NBA if he could shoot 53% every game. I hope you are being sarcastic...

·
Registered
454 Posts
This is my biggest criticism of Eddie Jordan. Kwame has been dominating at times when they look to him, not many players can cover him 1 on 1 and most teams usually send over a double team. The problem is they dont try and go to him enough. I can name a number of games where Kwame was like 7-8fg's going into the half, or something along those liines where hes doing really well the first half. Then they wont go to him the whole 2nd half and he only ends up like 9-11 fgs or something like that. Its just stupid. And then someone like Hughes ends up 5 for 16.

Sometimes you'll see them trying to make a concerted effort to get the ball down to Kwame, but guards like Hughes seem to hate feeding it down to the post, and love to take poor fadeaways or charging drives all the time. This team will NEVER win consistently with such focus and poor shot selection from the guards, and them taking about 80% of the teams shots regularly.

I've lost alot of confidence in Eddie Jordan as well. If hes advocating the shots taken from our streaky guards like Hughes, Dixon, and Blake, then i hope he gets fired. Its no wonder we're 2nd in the league in TO's because those guards are awful distributors, and basically all they can do is be streaky shooters. The only PG we have that plays w/ common sense is Breven Knight, luckily hes supposedly the starter now with Arenas out for a few week. The Wizards suck because they have too many people that think their stars, when their nothing close. I wanted to throw my TV out the window after watching Hughes go 1 for 18, i mean if your off why the hell do you keep shooting? and why does the coach allow that crap?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JarvisHayes24</b>!
Are you serious? Well NBA in general is pretty bad shooters so I shouldnt be too surprised
.530 would be 24th on NBA's all-time FG% list.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
happyface, you obviously don't know much about how hard it is to play in the NBA and with a team that lacks chemistry. hughes, arenas, blake, and dixon are all good players who just need to learn each others moves before they can trust each other with the ball. right now, they like to pass around the perimeter and try to find open shots or open men under the basket.

hughes takes those shots because he is usually the one with or the one who gets the ball with 5 seconds left on the shot clock because he is the most dependable guy on the court at the time. stop flaming him because he goes 4/19. at least he's putting in the effort to try and win.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts