Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Snapping Necks and Cashing Checks
12,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy balled out in summer league and people tempered expectations because he wasn’t going up against legit NBA talent . Guy has balled out now in two preseason games with the likes of Wiggins, Muhammad, Faried, Jokic, Millsap guarding him. I know it’s preaseason, but this kid isn’t just in a hot shooting streak anymore. He’s scoring in a variety of ways and he’s been very good defensively too. It’s pretty obvious that he needs as many minutes as he can get.

Time to move Randle or Nance?? Or should we hold off a bit longer.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
with Randle's contract situation I figure he'll be the odd man out if they can either get value in return or use him as part of a package to move Deng

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Randle has a good chance of being gone even without Kuzma doing what he is doing.
Randle is very underwhelming

Kuzma, while obviously shooting hot which will level off some, is doing so much more on the court, smart pays on both sides of the ball, great footwork

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Yeah, I think Randle has to go this year either way, at least if Maginka are serious about 2 max slots. My only prayer is that there is someway to get Deng to go with him. Doesn't look likely right now.

Kuz looks great on offense, but are you watching how badly he is getting destroyed on defense and the boards. Its going to be a major reason he doesnt get more minutes. He got absolutely brutalized by Faried last night

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
I just love watching Kuzma play. Lonzo isn't the only reason to choose the Lakers on League Pass this year.

·
12,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I think Randle has to go this year either way, at least if Maginka are serious about 2 max slots. My only prayer is that there is someway to get Deng to go with him. Doesn't look likely right now.

Kuz looks great on offense, but are you watching how badly he is getting destroyed on defense and the boards. Its going to be a major reason he doesnt get more minutes. He got absolutely brutalized by Faried last night
Yeah he competes but he himself admitted the other night that he’s going to have to get stronger. Talked about how Taj Gibson muscled him the other night, so it’s no surprise that Faried did so as well. Faried does that to a lot of NBA players though. I like Kyle’s competitive fire though. You can’t teach that.

·
12,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kid scored or assisted on the final five plays to seal the W yesterday. Honestly, he’s shown me more in summer league and preseason than Ingram did at all last year. Ingram still just 20 years old and developing so the jury is out on him for at least another year or two.

·
12,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, definitely not a fluke. He’s legit. Was racking my my brain trying to figure who who his game reminds me of and it finally dawned on me. His game reminds me of a young Carmelo Anthony.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
King Kuz- Celtic Killer

His shot is ridiculous fast
His assists to Nance were jaw dropping
His touch is like butter
He is a gym rat
He isnt emotional, he just keeps trucking
He isnt patting himself on the back, he just wants more.
Top 3-5 pick in re-draft

Fuck shit up Kuzma

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Yup, definitely not a fluke. He’s legit. Was racking my my brain trying to figure who who his game reminds me of and it finally dawned on me. His game reminds me of a young Carmelo Anthony.
Maybe I forgot if Melo was different when younger but Kuz isnt a ball movement killer in the least like Melo's Knicks days, and is damn sexy on some of his assists.

His spin moves and hook shots....oh man....drool...:yesyesyes:

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
I saw an article comparing him to Lamar which might be underrating Odom's incredible fluidity with the ball but seems more on the mark than Carmelo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts