Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
mjm1 said:
avery johnson is a lock, over his first 92 games as Head Coach of the Dallas Mavericks he is 71-21 :eek8:!!!!!!!
Agreed, the only people I can see winning it is either Avery or flip, any other coach does not really make too much sense to me.

Reactions: bbasok

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
if the Nets had say a 47-25 record then he would be strongly considered. He may be top 5 along with avery, flip, d antoni, pop, and maybe mike brown

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
VCFORTHREE15 said:
if the Nets had say a 47-25 record then he would be strongly considered. He may be top 5 along with avery, flip, d antoni, pop, and maybe mike brown
It's a long shot, but I think if the Nets can some how continue their winning ways and make it to the playoffs undefeated (highly unlikely).......Then I think Frank would most definitly get a few votes, and could help in Frank having a case for the COY for next season......Since he'd be on everyone's coaching radar around the league writers.

·
Yes, please.
16,621 Posts
ChemicalCutthroat said:
if we get to fifty wins then maybe. we have really good players though so most people will attribute our record to that. if we had like 60 wins then definitly but obviously we dont..
50 is all but a given right now.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
No..its not possible at all...

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
The postseason will decide it. If the Nets go to the Finals I think Frank will be considered. Flip inherited a team that went to the Finals 2 years in a row and if they don't go back he won't (shouldn't) win. Avery is the front runner, but if his team loses to anyone other than San Antonio he won't win. Popovich won't win because the Spurs are just doing what they always do. If the Suns make some noise in the playoffs D'Antoni has a shot at repeating especially with all the line-up changes. Dunleavy with the Clips will also get consideration.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
uptown4784 said:
Is it possible??

you think it's possible when Flip and Avery are still alive?!?I don't think so

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
NetIncome said:
Sports Illustrated's Kelly Dwyer thinks so...

http://www.netsdaily.com
From the article.:
How do they do it? Well, timing is part of it. As is their custom, the Nets wanted no part of games against teams such as the Bobcats on random Wednesday nights in December. (Considering the bread these cats are pulling down, that's a pity, but that's another story.) Come the spring, the time of year this veteran club has been built for, the Nets play as if Tony Robbins were an assistant.
Anyone remember those dark days? I don't think he realizes that they actually did consult Robbins back in the days when the streaks went in the opposite direction.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.