Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who would u rather have?

  • Odom

    Votes: 102 52.3%
  • Martin

    Votes: 93 47.7%
1 - 20 of 412 Posts

·
Heat fan since 2001
Joined
·
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who would u rather have between those 2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,070 Posts
id rather have odom. I know people will disagree, but I think he is better all around. Their are only 3 players in the nba top 40 in all points, rebounds, and assits, KG, Pierce, and Odom. Thats all star company. Martin relies to much on fastbreaks with Kidd and his athleticism.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>wadecaroneddie</b>!
id rather have odom. I know people will disagree, but I think he is better all around. Their are only 3 players in the nba top 40 in all points, rebounds, and assits, KG, Perice, and Odom. Thats all star company. Martin relies to much on fastbreaks with Kidd and his athleticism.
Yeah, but he's ranked 35 in points and 37 in assists. I don't really think that means much, to me anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,925 Posts
Odom quite easily IMO.

Martin benefits from playing with Kidd. Martin is more of a hustle energy player whos more athletic than Odom. Has a better post game, and is a better shotblocker although neither are very good at shotblocking.

But...Odom is the better passer, equal rebounder, better ball handler, shooter, pretty much everything when it comes to actual bball skills.

Martin is averaging 17.6 points, 9.7 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 1.29 blocks

Odom is averaging 16.9 points, 9.7 rebounds, 4.1 assists, .81 blocks

I think very highly of Odom though, I think he could be a top 10 player if he had the focus. Neither of these players are that strong mentally though.
 

·
Yes, please.
Joined
·
16,648 Posts
Originally posted by <b>wadecaroneddie</b>!
Martin relies to much on fastbreaks with Kidd and his athleticism.
Thats not true at all. The vast vast majority of Martins point come from him making his own shot. It really kills me how everyone thinks Kidd scores Martins points for him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,925 Posts
So basically, Odom and Martin are equal right now as far as their performance and stats. BUT my point is that Martin is playing at the top of his game because he has Kidd, and Odom still has a ton of potential to fill. Yet they are still equal.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
The Nets have more options then the Heat right now, which attribute to Odom's higher numbers right?

-Petey
 

·
Yes, please.
Joined
·
16,648 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!
So basically, Odom and Martin are equal right now as far as their performance and stats. BUT my point is that Martin is playing at the top of his game because he has Kidd, and Odom still has a ton of potential to fill. Yet they are still equal.
They may be equal, until you look at each's D. Kenyon is such a better defender than Odom there is no point even arguing it.

Dont get me mistaken, I like Odom's game, but as to this question, I take Martin with ease.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jmk</b>!
They may be equal, until you look at each's D. Kenyon is such a better defender than Odom there is no point even arguing it.

Dont get me mistaken, I like Odom's game, but as to this question, I take Martin with ease.
You're right about the defense. Martin is a much better defender because of his intensity and athleticism.

I still think Odoms offensive skills are much much better than Martins.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,070 Posts
also with rebounding, Odom was at sf the first 15 or so games of the season. Since he made the move to pf, he has been averaging well more than 10.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Petey</b>!
The Nets have more options then the Heat right now, which attribute to Odom's higher numbers right?

-Petey
not really. The heat have had all 5 starters go for double figures in many games as of late. Odom, Wade, Caron, Jones, Haslem, and Grant all share the wealth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Petey</b>!
The Nets have more options then the Heat right now, which attribute to Odom's higher numbers right?

-Petey
Thats a common misconception I think. Especially when you're the 2nd leading scorer on a team where the best player is leading the league in assists.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,070 Posts
look at the head to head matchup in the last game

Odom 12 points 18 rebounds 6 assists 1 steal 1 block
Martin 16 points 8 rebounds 0 assists 3 steals 0 blocks

who won that one
 

·
Yes, please.
Joined
·
16,648 Posts
Im not sure of the offense the Heat play, but Im psoitive about the Nets team offense. Put Kenyon on a team where he is the #1 option and it isnt really a team O, he could easily put up 25 IMO.
 

·
Yes, please.
Joined
·
16,648 Posts
Originally posted by <b>wadecaroneddie</b>!
look at the head to head matchup in the last game

Odom 12 points 18 rebounds 6 assists 1 steal 1 block
Martin 16 points 8 rebounds 0 assists 3 steals 0 blocks

who won that one
Well then Jason Collins must be better than Yao Ming, right?:uhoh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jmk</b>!


Well then Jason Collins must be better than Yao Ming, right?:uhoh:
Haha.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!
Thats a common misconception I think. Especially when you're the 2nd leading scorer on a team where the best player is leading the league in assists.
Well have you ever watched a Nets game? They distrubute the ball, and work off each other. They have run 3 years straight now without a 20 ppg scorer. And that being said, even though Kidd leads the league in assists you think half of those 10 are to KMart or there is some equal distrution among the team?

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jmk</b>!


Well then Jason Collins must be better than Yao Ming, right?:uhoh:
well head to head meetings is a way to tell who is better...facing eachtoher is way way of determining it
 
1 - 20 of 412 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top