Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't mean to get anyone's hopes up here. I'm definitely one of those people that thinks cutting salary again for a run at free agents (i.e. Kobe) would be a mistake.

Just wanted to let everyone know that every time ESPN Radio in L.A. talks about Kobe leaving, they list Chicago as one of the major prospects.

Personally, I think that the Bulls would be one of the last teams that he'd want to come to.

But I'm curious what the feeling is from Bulls fans. Do you think that Kobe would sign with the Bulls (assuming he really wants to leave L.A. of course).

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Please...

Half a brain would tell anyone that Kobe wants his own legacy/team, one reason he wants to get away from Shaq....

Why would he become a Bull just to live in the shadow of Michael?

Phoenix, Clippers, frontrunners...

The end.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
You never know..I mean Chicago has so many loyal fans and I think that Kobe will love that...

Fans that will hug a player....

Also...MJ might put his little finger to convince Kobe...

We are 13-32 and we are 3rd in attendance

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Yeah the whole MJ shadow thing probably won't bother Kobe. He wants to be MJ. And he's friends with MJ.

He'd have to take a paycut to play for us though, correct?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
the Wallace trade is the only route for clearing money

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
3 words: Not gonna happen.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
You're welcome. :grinning:

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Originally posted by <b>arenas809</b>!
Please...

Half a brain would tell anyone that Kobe wants his own legacy/team, one reason he wants to get away from Shaq....

Why would he become a Bull just to live in the shadow of Michael?

Phoenix, Clippers, frontrunners...

The end.
Won't be the Clips

1. LA isn't big enough for Kobe and Shaq ( Shaq takes the blame here - y'know the size of his arse and gut etc )

2. On the Clips he would be playing in the shadow of ..... er..... mmmmm.. hang on.. uh huh ... that's right .. Maurice Taylor

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Originally posted by <b>unBULLievable</b>!

Fans that will hug a player....
I would hope that Kobe has learnt his lesson

Look what happened the last time he hugged a fan...

:rolleyes:

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
Originally posted by <b>FJ_of _Rockaway</b>!

Won't be the Clips

1. LA isn't big enough for Kobe and Shaq ( Shaq takes the blame here - y'know the size of his arse and gut etc )

2. On the Clips he would be playing in the shadow of ..... er..... mmmmm.. hang on.. uh huh ... that's right .. Maurice Taylor
I don't know about this. If there's anything everyone agrees upon regarding Kobe, it's that he has a pretty big ego and thirsts for glory. and also, perhaps, that part of his motivation is to prove his greatness to all the doubters/haters he's had to deal with.

With that in mind, wouldn't the Clippers provide a nearly ideal setting for him to show just how great he is?

- plays the Lakers several times a year. Multiple chances to show them and everyone else who the real star of the Lakers was

- still in a major market where he has a big, loyal fanbase, and he could make LA the basketball mecca of the NBA if BOTH LA teams are competitive/good

- how much of a legend could he become if he is the player who FINALLY leads the Clippers to...well...any kind of success? Wouldn't that prove to everyone just how great he is? The best part of it is that the Clips already have a great supporting cast built in for him to step in and lead (much like Phoenix could). Brand and Maggette are nearly good enough to make a team competitive on their own. Add Kobe to that? Maggette as a #3 option? The unrivaled athleticism on the wings, the automatic post player who can play defense? Grab a steady veteran PG and let Kaman and another big lug fill the C spot and you're in business.

Kobe is one of very few players in the league who would look at the Clippers, their history, etc etc and say, "sounds like fun".

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Even if we had cap space, I don't think Kobe would come to the Bulls.

How much of a challenge would Kobe want? It would be the ultimate challenge to go to the worst team in the league, and eventually lead them to a championship. I think Kobe has that type of desire.

Also, what better way to stick to Jackson than go to the place he left? Another thing is with his legal problems, he has supposedly being talking to MJ a lot for advice. Remember, MJ is on our side now (well, kind of).

I actually think he stick with LA for another year (not opt out), try win another championship, then leave as a FA in 2005 when there may be more teams he could sign with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts