Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmm

After the game I checked my source and it looks Richarson shoot himself out of the trade. I belive my source it right...lets look why.

The last nigh games...Lets look the stats:

RICHARDSON 29p/8r/6as
ELY dnp.

CRAWFORD 15P/4r/7as
GILL 14p/3r/2as

Watching the game and the way Q played it seems a big risk from the clippers standpoint to trade him.
One or two such games and the question arises-is Crawford the right man?

We will see that on tuesday when teh Clippers host Chicago. Source says that on that day some negotiations will take place...

We will see!

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Good thing that games on the national WGN. I'll be hoping that JC lights him up, should be a real exciting matchup.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Well,I hope JC gets a season high against Clips to rap this thing up.I'm not sure u can say if the deal was talked about Q shot himself out,cause that's the thing with those guys - they have 1-2 good games and then a game of 1-14 from the field.I think both sides know allready what they r getting.I also think that allthough wer'e getting a more complete player at this point(as much as u can say it about Q),JC probably has a longer way to go ,just more talented.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Chicago tribune reported that Gill is injured and according to Skiles could be awhile. Wonder if this hurts the trade from happening?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
Chicago tribune reported that Gill is injured and according to Skiles could be awhile. Wonder if this hurts the trade from happening?
We got 26 days till the deadline.I'm sure Kendall will be fine.He's a fighter.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
how can someone shoot himself out of a trade? I mean if the person is going to be traded it is for a number of reasons! Something doesn't sound right here. I am not denying the trade rumor, but if a person is on the block it is because of a number of things and not just scoring or lack thereof.

Time will tell.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
LOL, it clearly is or the Clips are the Chicken-Littlest team in the league of one game changes their minds about things.

When you make a trade, you need to have reached some sort of conclusion... I mean, I know at some point Crawford's going to put together some very nice games in the future just like he has in the past. I also know he's going to suck the joint up some nights. I don't know which one it will be for the next game, and if it matters it means you're pretty short-sighted.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
I have yet to see a single link.

Pure speculation.

This kind of trade might only hurt us. Gill is someone we'd want to keep loyalties with; he's the one really canny veteran that was a very solid acquisition for us, both on the court and off it. We'd be losing him for Ely.

Getting Q for Crawford just means we have the rights to extend him, which is nice, but we probably can afford offers for him about as much as we can for Crawford, which means that we'll probably watch him walk.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Showtyme</b>!
I have yet to see a single link.

Pure speculation.

This kind of trade might only hurt us. Gill is someone we'd want to keep loyalties with; he's the one really canny veteran that was a very solid acquisition for us, both on the court and off it. We'd be losing him for Ely.

Getting Q for Crawford just means we have the rights to extend him, which is nice, but we probably can afford offers for him about as much as we can for Crawford, which means that we'll probably watch him walk.
I agree about Gill.thats why I'm saying it should be Fizer and JC,it works too(or CJ or Brunson,not Gill)

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bullet</b>!

Maybe after they fail to bring Kobe...
Hmmm, you're right, they will also have the cap room to make a play at Kobe next summer. I'd almost forgotten.

Trading Q clears a spot for him I guess.

I still don't buy this trade until I see something.

How did that Billy Joel song go? "He can pull out the TradeChecker, but he's always a GB to me."

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
There could be something to this trade rumor. Seems that LAC have given up on Dooling. The Beacon Journal insinuates that Dooling could have been included in a package for Miles.

• Miles' agent was pushing for a deal with Denver, but the Nuggets were only offering Rodney White (7.5 points), a 6-foot-9 forward who probably would have played little here. It's believed the Clippers would have given up Keyon Dooling, a backup guard who is averaging 4.5 points and shooting 36 percent. By far, McInnis was the most attractive alternative for a team in need of a point guard.

http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/7789176.htm

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!
The Clips wouldn't give us Chris Kamen for Curry, let alone Elton.
Is that an exaggeration? Clips would jump on Curry for Kaman.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!

Is that an exaggeration? Clips would jump on Curry for Kaman.
http://basketballboards.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66600&highlight=kamen

Here's an old thread on the subject. Of course, that's nothing definitive, but my guess is that the Clips wouldn't do it.

Kamen has put up good rookie numbers and looks like a pretty hard worker.

Obviously Curry looks to have more "natural talent", but there are pretty legitimate questions about whether he'd ever utilize it. Kamen, however, looks to me like a guy that will take a couple steps up over the next couple of years. Add to that the fact that Curry's contract will be up and Kamen's contract is just getting started.

When you consider all of those factors, I'm not sure why the Clips would do it. Curry has a higher upside, but every other factor seems to weigh in favor of Kamen. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, I think.

I could see them interested if the deal included other peices that favored the Clips. For example, I think they want a PG enough that they might consider giving up Kamen in a deal that included Crawford. But that's pure speculation

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.