Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
58,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and gentlemen! I give you the NY Bulls!

JAY ON WAY?

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/64348.htm

Larry Brown said as recently as Monday night the Knicks still need a pure point guard next season. And there's a famous one right in the Knicks' backyard. Jay Williams, the former Duke star mounting a vigorous comeback attempt following a June 2003 motorcycle accident, is on the Knicks' radar, according to an industry source.

Williams, 24, the second overall pick of the 2002 draft, has been practicing at Basketball City at Chelsea Piers and also in Houston, along with ex-Knick Penny Hardaway.

Williams is looking to get invited to a summer-league team this July with plans of playing in the NBA next season, three years after tearing three ligaments in his left knee and severing a nerve in his leg.

They really are trying to become the bulls! lol. LB must be pulling his hair out! I mean this will be another player that he needs to "get the Chicago" out of!

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Re: Ladies and gentlemen! I give you the NY Bulls!

I could see why a GM would want to re create the Dynasty Bulls but to recreate the post Jordan Bulls is just plain sick. Why doesn't Isiah go out and grab Kornel David and Rusty Larue?

·
Administrator
58,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

L.O.B said:
I could see why a GM would want to re create the Dynasty Bulls but to recreate the post Jordan Bulls is just plain sick. Why doesn't Isiah go out and grab Kornel David and Rusty Larue?
LOL. El-amin is available. :D Tarlac...Bryce Drew.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts

truebluefan said:
LOL. El-amin is available. :D Tarlac...Bryce Drew.
I seem to recall a Bryant and a Lang as well...I have tried to shut out most of those memories but sometimes they still haunt me at night, I wake up looking as disheveled as Tim Floyd.

Of all the teams to make a run at Jay Williams, why would New York do this? Jay Williams didn't even play the point at Duke, a certain Bull had those honors. Jay Williams is alot closer to what the Knicks already have on their current roster than what the Knicks need from a point guard.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,077 Posts

But Jay can definitely make a good point guard. Hinrich probably played only a little more point guard at Kansas than Jay did at Duke.

It IS pretty funny, though, how many ties are going back and forth. It also gives us fans some sense of how Brown coaches as opposed to Floyd and Cartwright.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

Marcus Fizer and Rick Brunson are free agents this offseason.

And, if they do make any kind of play for Garnett, I bet Hassell will be involved.

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts

truebluefan said:
I liked Dalibor. He played hard. He was slow as hell, but played hard. :D
And he FOULED hard too.

I have a spot in my heart for him just for the way he mauled guys after being badly beaten due to his unbelievably bad foot speed.

·
Registered
8,427 Posts
Jay Williams on Isaiah's rader?

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/knicks.htm

Williams is looking to get invited to a summer-league team this July with plans of playing in the NBA next season, three years after tearing three ligaments in his left knee and severing a nerve in his leg.

The Knicks - who next play tomorrow night, at Cleveland - will play in the summer league in Las Vegas.

The 6-foot-2 PG out of Plainfield, N.J., is friends with Garden prez Steve Mills back from their Team USA days. Williams has attended a couple of Knick games in the past month, sitting in lower-level seats by the tunnel, where president Isiah Thomas hangs.

The Knicks have yet to work out Williams but could do so after the season ends in one week. Brown is looking for a character guy, a charismatic leader who can be an extension of himself on the court and an ally in the locker room.

I hope Jay makes it back, but he's got competition in the business of being a small guard if he comes back on the Knicks.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts

ViciousFlogging said:
And he FOULED hard too.

I have a spot in my heart for him just for the way he mauled guys after being badly beaten due to his unbelievably bad foot speed.
:laugh:

I remember seeing him just get absolutely burned and instead of trying to make up for it and get back in position, he would just turn around and straight shove them while they were in mid air.
Effective defense.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

Dalibor picked up three flagrant fouls in five summer league games in 2002, and had series totals of 20 fouls, 19 points and 16 rebounds.

He was, by far and away, the worst player ever. And for that reason, he was great.

:usa:

(Incidentally, whilst looking up which year he did the above in, I noticed we had James Singleton on our 2003 summer league roster, who is becoming this year's undrafted rookie of the year. Shame, that. Oh well.)

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts

ViciousFlogging said:
And he FOULED hard too.

So bad in fact, that it took Bags a full three seconds to execute a single post move. If he ever learned an up-and-under, we might be talking about a shot clock violation before he could pull the move off, never mind the three-second violation.

I did see Bags play on his Euro-league team this year a few times, and he looked like a speed demon compared to when he was on the Bulls. Maybe he's better, or perhaps more enjoyable to think about, is still the same and the speed of the competition is distorting my view... who knows?

·
Registered
580 Posts
:biggrin: Isaiah Thomas at a high class resturant " Excuse me waiter, more leftovers please" :biggrin: Isaiah Thomas as a GM," :biggrin: Excuse me more left overs please!" :biggrin: I like Isaiah he is setting the Bulls up real nice taking all those leftover rejects. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Re: Ladies and gentlemen! I give you the NY Bulls!/ Jay Will on Knicks Radar? (merged

No, that's the lightning speed at which he executed the move, captured via the incredibly technical means of me pointing a lte 90's digital camera at a late 80's TV set.

The choppy stream if anything slows down the action, which shows you how blisteringly quick it was in real time. Oh the footwork.

On a serious note, I watched him in Euroleague action a few weeks back, and he's actually got quite skilled. But man, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man is he slow. Slower than ever, it seems. He executed a nice move in the paint where he threw a ball fake with the right, went left, spun back right and made a right hand hook, from directly under the basket. It was nice, but the move took about 14 seconds. I was :|.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.