Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever see a home team or home player use the boos as motivation?

"No, not at home," Laimbeer said. "It's very difficult to overcome.

"Eventually, a player will quit on that situation, because it's just not worth it, and go someplace else."

So what good does it do for fans to boo Curry?

"It doesn't do any good," Laimbeer said. "Unless they want him to get out of town."
http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/columns/arvia/x14-ard1.htm

·
Registered
729 Posts
If a player is not giving 100% effort on the court then it is the fans right to boo him. I don't care how developed your game is or how young you are it does not take age to give effort and hard work. That is all the fans want to see. And they are not seeing from Eddy. So go ahead and boo him.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Bullhawk</b>!
If a player is not giving 100% effort on the court then it is the fans right to boo him. I don't care how developed your game is or how young you are it does not take age to give effort and hard work. That is all the fans want to see. And they are not seeing from Eddy. So go ahead and boo him.
Diop isn't getting booed and he looks much worse than Curry IMO.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Laimbeer does sound stupid with that quotes.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
The Bulls organization has sheltered Curry. They've made excuses for him, been patient with him, allowed him too many mistakes.

Theres no excuse for not being in shape coming into the season, this is his job, he gets paid millions of dollars. Theres no excuse for not giving 100% either.

Will they run Curry out of town? Perhaps...but if Curry thinks the $*%&^% he pulls here will slide with any other team, hes sadly mistaken.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!

Diop has King James to make the team look good.

I wouldn't care if Curry sucked if we has LeBron.

·
Registered
892 Posts
There's a real simple solution to all of this. All Curry has to do is put a string of games together that resemble his performance against New Orleans. It wasn't all-star material, but at least he made a positive contribution that led to a win. Why is it so difficult to do something like that? If it ever happens, he won't hear any boos again. But thats up to him.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
First, I want to say that Curry will be his own self later this season. And all the boos will led to him commiting to improving during the offseason and coming in great shape next season. Its going to happen with Paxson and Skiles here.
And make no mistake: Curry IS NOT stupid, and he knows he is entering (next season) his contract year. So...

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!

Diop didn't lead the league in FTG% either. Didn't go on a tear, late last season. Diop has been hurt a lot of his career.

I like Eddy. Obviously I am in Retrodreams club. But that doesn't mean I am satisfied with his play as of late. The Portland game and this game are dissappointing. We all know he has it in him to be very good. An off season of real conditioning should show real improvements next year. He admits to not never had done the things needed to be a great player, yet some nights he can score very easily. It is scary to think what he can be if he ever gets his complete game together, his conditioning and strength, his defense, his power game(he has some finese right now). Curry is not going to be traded, at least not until after next season. Unless he gets a Bryant or McGrady back and I do not think that will happen.

Skiles said they think Eddy needs to take it to the hoop strong, every time. They all think he can bring thre guys with him when he dunks. He settles for finese. I thknk Eddy could get 20 fts a night if he did that!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Originally posted by <b>truebluefan</b>!

Diop didn't lead the league in FTG% either. Didn't go on a tear, late last season. Diop has been hurt a lot of his career.

I like Eddy. Obviously I am in Retrodreams club. But that doesn't mean I am satisfied with his play as of late. The Portland game and this game are dissappointing. We all know he has it in him to be very good. An off season of real conditioning should show real improvements next year. He admits to not never had done the things needed to be a great player, yet some nights he can score very easily. It is scary to think what he can be if he ever gets his complete game together, his conditioning and strength, his defense, his power game(he has some finese right now). Curry is not going to be traded, at least not until after next season. Unless he gets a Bryant or McGrady back and I do not think that will happen.

Skiles said they think Eddy needs to take it to the hoop strong, every time. They all think he can bring thre guys with him when he dunks. He settles for finese. I thknk Eddy could get 20 fts a night if he did that!
And make 15+ in the process, unlike the Shaqs of the world.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Weither it's lip service or not, Curry recently admitted to not working hard enough. Maybe the boos by the hometown fans might of gotten to Eddy.

Eddy might not be the sharpest guy but he must of learned while growing up in the Chicago area what it meant to be a Chicago sports fan. Chicago fans don't boo guys that work. We boo guys that loaf. Curry is guilty of loafing and the boos were deserved. Work hard and Chicago fans will cheer you, no matter if you are the star or a role player.

Laimbeer might be right about continued boos forcing Eddy out of Chicago but the booing would result from continued half assed play and not fans riding a guy.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
We should trade Curry to Philly so he can hear some real Boos. I read a quote where Iverson said they get booed at some point in every game. He didn't seem to care.

Eddy just needs to grow a set b/c watching him play is painful. Kid doesn't even try and get position in the post. Of course, with guys like Jake Voschul waiting for you - who can blame him. Scary!!!

On the other hand someone needs to sit Curry down and say "Eddy - about the type of people that are booing you. I sat behind some people at the Pistons game who didn't clap during intros, didn't clap when we were making runs, didn't clap at all during the game, dove for their card when the Hinley Water Race came on and cheered for the stupid semi and then boooed you. These people are morons. The folks at the UC care more about getting on the scoreboard during a timeout then they do about the score. Hence the dancing and cheering when the Pistons are on a 8-0 run. These grown-ups beg for cheap t-shirts. Do you really care if they are booing you? Good. NOW GET SOME DAMN PRIDE AND PLAY FOR YOURSELF!"

·
The Snake
6,527 Posts
Oh my god Lizzy is going to kill us all. EVERYBODY RUN....oh no Eddy isn't going to make it. (BOOOOOMMMMM). Well there goes Eddy Curry...who wants pizza?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Utah would be a good fit for Eddy since he wont feel the pressure + Coach Sloan + AK47 playing some good D + dead place + lotta cap room!!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
They should have the Matadors stay after practice and all jump on Eddy's back. Then make Eddy dunk it over and over.

Kid needs to learn not to be so afraid all the time.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Last I heard Curry was putting in a ton of work after practices with Skiles. I'm sure we'll see the fruits of those labors soon.

It probably is frustrating to him to be booed when he is working harder now than he ever has. It just needs to show up on the court a little better.

If Paxson traded Curry he'd be a bigger fool than I thought he was.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
So afterall Amare was 100% right with his comments about Curry, Brown and Chandler before he was drafted.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
But maybe you can figure out a decent trade that involves Shawn Marion going to Chicago for Curry with expiring contracts and/or picks.
Marion is BYC player.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts