Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ÊBy TIM BROWN, TIMES STAFF WRITER
The Lakers and Sacramento Kings don't have to like each other, and isn't that a wonderful thing?

It is early October, Shaquille O'Neal has barely bounced a basketball, no one has played so much as an exhibition game, and already Shaq speaks and Mike Bibby smacks and Chris Webber sneers and Phil Jackson opines.
Ê ÊÊ Ê
ÊResponding to O'Neal's media-day observation that the Kings "won't ever have what it takes," Bibby and Webber said the Laker championship ought to carry an asterisk, denoting what they've insisted was biased officiating in Game 6 of the Western Conference finals.

"You're supposed to be the best team," Bibby told the Sacramento Bee, "and you get the most help."

Bibby also predicted the Kings would win 70 games.

For their sakes, Jackson said thinly, he hoped so.

"This is the year that if they don't survive, then they'll be history. They'll be folders if they don't survive that playoff pressure this year," Jackson said.

And, another thing, Jackson said: Were it not for Kobe Bryant's food poisoning between Games 1 and 2, the Kings might have been swept.

"My ultimate belief," Jackson added, "is that if Kobe hadn't gotten sick, perhaps that would have been a four-game series."

Told a handful of Kings hadn't taken warmly to his training-camp assessment of their organization, O'Neal shrugged and held up three fingers, one for each championship ring.

"Tell them to go through training camp, forget about last year," he said. "It's a new year. Don't talk about old [stuff]."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...,0,6967569.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba

·
Registered
280 Posts
Bibby and Webber said the Laker championship ought to carry an asterisk, denoting what they've insisted was biased officiating in Game 6 of the Western Conference finals.
They should look at the stats and see who got the most call's. The officiating has been beaten to death but the Queens are still crying.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep, you'd think they would also remember game 5, but I'm not going there. It's time for all of us to put this officiating crap to rest.

I am politley asking all Laker fans to ignore any post that wants to complain about last year. It's over. Move on. The new season is a' comin' and everyone starts out with the same record: 0-0

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Juan</b>!

They should look at the stats and see who got the most call's. The officiating has been beaten to death but the Queens are still crying.
Queens...clever. :rolleyes:

Look, I'm with naesdj on this. It's over. I'm gonna ask the same thing naesdj asked to Kings fans. Guys, it's done. We lost. Nothing we say can change that, so there's no point in arguing about it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Wiggum, <strike>shut up! I think alot of people are tired of your dumb comments</strike>... :dead:

yeah, that's right- i am talking to you ,<strike>fool!</strike>

guess who's back....back again!

G-dawgs back, tell a friend!

:yes: :banana:

lakers back to back to back to back! :D

Well g-dog. If this is you, you will pleased to know the rules have not changed. No name calling and belittling the posters. truebluefan

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Max Air</b>!
Hey Wiggum, .. :dead:

yeah, that's right- i am talking to you !

:laugh:

Here we go again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, i look forward to arguing with you...

go Lakers! :laugh: :yes: :bbanana:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Max Air</b>!
Hey Wiggum!.. :dead:

yeah, that's right- i am talking to youl!

Oh thank God!

I saw the avatar and I thought I made this post. Phew!

Yes, it's a dead issue that's gotten extremely annoying to talk about.

G

·
This season is going to be juicy, all I can do is hope this time around it'll be just as sweet as last season.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Chris</b>!
This season is going to be juicy, all I can do is hope this time around it'll be just as sweet as last season.

I feel the same exact way, I can't wait already....
another great challenge for the upcoming season for the Champs

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
For there to be a rivalry the other team will have to have won some the Kings haven't beaten the Lakers yet. Easiest thing to do is make it competitve hardest is to beat the champions, Homecourt advantage in a game 7 usually those oportunites don't come around that often, usually you only get one shot at getting that close you have to seize the moment, I think its time for another team to challenge the Lakers, probably the Mavericks their the only ones who haven't had a turn,

Blazers-beaten
Spurs-beaten
Kings-thrice beaten
Mavs-up next for Shaq/Kobe
next team to rise and fall will be The Rockets in about 2 years.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bibby responds

from hoopsworld:

Laker's center Shaquille O’Neal was candid in his assessment of the Kings saying "They've got a lot of talkers. You always talk the talk, but can you walk the walk? They had us right where they wanted us. But in Game 7, Doug couldn't hit any shots, Chris didn't want to shoot, Vlade fouled out on purpose, Scot Pollard can't play anyway... The older they get, the wearier they get. They have the type of guys that the older they get, their skills deteriorate," O'Neal said. "We have guys, the older we get, the better we get - me being one, Kobe being one." Mike Bibby has also exchanged his opinions of the match up telling media "I like to have fun, talk ****, and I get excited and then have fun. I know how to say something to bother people. The Lakers have been talking so much ****. We can't have people talking that much about us and not say anything." While the talk is amusing, the backing up part should be even more fun to watch.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_1382.shtml

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jazzy1</b>!
For there to be a rivalry the other team will have to have won some the Kings haven't beaten the Lakers yet. Easiest thing to do is make it competitve hardest is to beat the champions, Homecourt advantage in a game 7 usually those oportunites don't come around that often, usually you only get one shot at getting that close you have to seize the moment, I think its time for another team to challenge the Lakers, probably the Mavericks their the only ones who haven't had a turn,

Blazers-beaten
Spurs-beaten
Kings-thrice beaten
Mavs-up next for Shaq/Kobe
next team to rise and fall will be The Rockets in about 2 years.
Yeah but am I the only one that hopes they can beat the Jazz? The Lakers haven't gotten revenge yet. I hope we match-up with them in the first round.

G

·
I am still hungry to beat the Kings; they have talked so much about our luck with Horry, the bad referee's, Shaq is a monster and all that crying and whinning. I just can't wait for us to sweep them and keep them with their mouth shut. They can go on and on with those cowbells trying to distract us or the Vlade Divac dropping himself right on the *** they still couldn't beat us. I remember how in game 7 Mike Bibby had to force an offensive foul on Kobe when it was pure bullcrap, but no one mentions that poor call from the ref because we're the most hated team in the league and all jealous fans enjoy hating on us.

Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal have the talent, heart and desire that no man in this league has. I won't predict that we'll win it all this season, I am just saying if there was a year for someone to beat us it definately should have been last year when Shaq Diesel wasn't even 100%. The Lakeshow will be even better this season, deeper, stronger, healthy man this is going to be an awesome ride. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Chris</b>!
I am still hungry to beat the Kings; they have talked so much about our luck with Horry, the bad referee's, Shaq is a monster and all that crying and whinning. I just can't wait for us to sweep them and keep them with their mouth shut. They can go on and on with those cowbells trying to distract us or the Vlade Divac dropping himself right on the *** they still couldn't beat us. I remember how in game 7 Mike Bibby had to force an offensive foul on Kobe when it was pure bullcrap, but no one mentions that poor call from the ref because we're the most hated team in the league and all jealous fans enjoy hating on us.

Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal have the talent, heart and desire that no man in this league has. I won't predict that we'll win it all this season, I am just saying if there was a year for someone to beat us it definately should have been last year when Shaq Diesel wasn't even 100%. The Lakeshow will be even better this season, deeper, stronger, healthy man this is going to be an awesome ride. :laugh:
Hey, nice job honoring naesdj's request, Chris! Keep up the good work! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wiggum</b>!

Hey, nice job honoring naesdj's request, Chris! Keep up the good work! :rolleyes:

OHH.... C'mon now Wiggum :rolleyes: :D

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was thinkning that same thing the other day JI. I was reminding someone that all good playoff teams have been there a number of times and lost. It's from those losses that they learn the most and come back the next year and go a bit farther. That's what the Lakers had to do back when the Jazz handed them their butts every year. Del was the coach and the Lakers would have great season records, but fold in the playoffs. Unfortunately for the Jazz they still had to get by the Bulls, so they never got their championship when they had their best squad to do it. NY experienced the same ting in the 90's, trying to get by MJ's Bulls was no easy task. But there is definitely a part of me that wants revenge on those losses.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts