Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Apparently J'rue Holliday is a gametime decision as is Gasol. Last game the Sizers started Turner at point guard.

As usual I'm not confident about anything.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Loss.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Surprise! Great game from the two pgs.

On another note, Jamison has disappeared again.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Big game from Ron. They should focus on running a few plays for Dwight with the remaining time left.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I missed the game, did the ball/player movement look any better? Or did we just happen to make shots? I see we made our free throws and had fewer to's than the opponent, so that's good.

And how was our defense?

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
I got to catch some of this game. Looked like we were on fire from 3-point range in the first half which is why we got out to a big lead. Kobe, MWP, Meeks and Morris all played extremely well. We've got the Bobcats on Tuesday. Let's get our 3rd in a row and build on this.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ball movement was great. Philly also decided to just cover Dwight straightup with Kwame and Hawes the whole game. I'm starting to think that Dwight being so turnover prone and trying to operate in crowds is causing most of the turnover problems.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
The energy was much better. Much more aggressive on defense. Better, quicker rotations, good ball movement. We had like 6 TO's in the first quarter and ended the game with 14 so they tightened that up too. All around a good game for us.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
they started metta at PF which is interesting
They've done that the last 2 (3? Don't remember when hill got hurt) games.

What's wrong with hill anyways?

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
They've done that the last 2 (3? Don't remember when hill got hurt) games.

What's wrong with hill anyways?
Nothing is wrong with Hill.

D'Antoni and Hill don't like each other. This goes back to the Knick days. I don't think Hill can do anything right in D'Antoni's eyes...I cynically believe D'Antoni started Hill in the Cleveland game just to yank him back onto the bench in case Hill underperformed.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
I like him as a undersized CHuck Hayes type pf - he has the power for it and is a good counter for when the heat or thunder put their guys at PF

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
Yeah Artest is a great look at PF in this era, especially the way he's playing this year, which might be the best I've seen from him since Houston.

Speaking of playing great, when was the last time Kobe started a season playing this well? It's pretty ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts