Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Lakers are pretty clearly the worst team in the league right now. Shaq couldn't lead a dog to the backyard, let alone a basketball team.

We do need to build around Kobe, if it means letting Shaq go...so be it. I just don't think the chemistry will be there when everyone gets back. We've only played about 20 games with all 4 stars healthy, and a bunch of other guys were out then.

The fact that Andrew DeClercq and Pachulia manhandle Shaq really says something about him, he is just crap right now. It also says something about the Lakers team when the team with the worst record is embarrassing them. They have no heart, spirit or intensity.

I would take Kobe's 3-9 team at the start of last year over this bunch of losers any day of the week, 4 of the games that they lost were very close. At least Kobe came out and showed some real drive to win. None of these guys look like they even give a damn. Every game we lose is a blowout, and every win goes down to the wire.

The Lakers better start praying, because it will take a miracle for them to win the title.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If Kobe Bryant gets his own team, and has a strong supporting cast (not superstars, just guys like MJ's supporting cast)...he will become the greatest player in the game.

Seeing his face on the bench right now (during Magic game) just says it all. He hates to lose, he despises the feeling. He won't settle for anything less than winning, he knows how to win, he can win, and he is a great leader.

Letting Shaq go would be bad, but letting Kobe go would be the worst move that any franchise ever made. So bad that it would rival "The Curse of the Great Bambino".

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Damian Necronamous</b>!
If Kobe Bryant gets his own team, and has a strong supporting cast (not superstars, just guys like MJ's supporting cast)...he will become the greatest player in the game.
:confused:

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
We do need to build around Kobe, if it means letting Shaq go...so be it.
I agree.

And somewhere, robyg is laughing.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Re: Re: Lakers are dead

Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!

I agree.

And somewhere, robyg is laughing.
The Memphis players are actually starting to look attractive now. A year ago we all laughed at them. I wish we would have made the Swift-George deal if it was on the table. This team has no freaken energy.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good Lord, to add more confusion to this situation...the Lakers second unit just led us back from 14 down to beat the Magic.

Shaq, Payton, Fox, Slava and Rush can't do it, but Fisher, Rush, George, Walton and Grant can.

I don't know what the hell is going on with this team, whatever it is...they need to get it sorted out QUICKLY!

:confused:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by <b>Cris</b>!
you look pretty stupid for making this thread DN, but they did stink
:joke:
It depends on how you interpreted what I said.

This thread was meant to be based upon my feelings that the Lakers are stinking right now and that we should build around Kobe, not Shaq.

Well...the Lakers second-unit just played much better than the first, and I still think we need to build around Shaq. Unless we get healthy really soon...we will still be in big trouble.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Stop this nonsense.

The Lakers need to build around Kobe and Shaq. Most gms would die to get the best low-post and best perimeter players on the same team. I know the media benefits from adding or fueling contreversey among the most popular team but that doesn't mean you should take it all that seriously.

BTW Cris you should of seen last year when DN proclaimed the Mavs to be the 03 champions and that the Lakers were horrible... only to see them come back from 28 down after he posted the thread. ;)

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by <b>Jemel Irief</b>!
Stop this nonsense.

The Lakers need to build around Kobe and Shaq. Most gms would die to get the best low-post and best perimeter players on the same team. I know the media benefits from adding or fueling contreversey among the most popular team but that doesn't mean you should take it all that seriously.

BTW Cris you should of seen last year when DN proclaimed the Mavs to be the 03 champions and that the Lakers were horrible... only to see them come back from 28 down after he posted the thread. ;)
The Orlando Magic aren't the Dallas Mavericks, the Magic are horrible. And I did get one thing right...the Lakers didn't win the title.

And the media doesn't need to add much when Kobe flat out calls Shaq "fat and out of shape". Unless they have a heart-to-heart conversation with eachother, one will eventually go. they both want to win, but they are both too selfish to let it hurt their stats and reputation as individual players.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Cris</b>!

i do a better job defending the PICK and Roll then Slava:upset:
Lakers were forced to call timeout after the pick and before the roll recently.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts

The Orlando Magic aren't the Dallas Mavericks, the Magic are horrible. And I did get one thing right...the Lakers didn't win the title.

And the media doesn't need to add much when Kobe flat out calls Shaq "fat and out of shape". Unless they have a heart-to-heart conversation with eachother, one will eventually go. they both want to win, but they are both too selfish to let it hurt their stats and reputation as individual players.
dude i thought u were a lakers fan!!

LOL

are u sure ur not a dallas fan in disguise as a lakers fan?? :confused:

·
Registered
167 Posts
hmmm...seems someone has finally seen the light.

Ive preching this months. its so damn obvious. regardless of the win this morning. which by the way. the lakers got in that 18point hole with shaq on the court. and came back with him on the bench. Lakers won inspite of Shaq today. Instead of because of him.

his play is downright pathetic at times. he wont show on the pick and roll to save his life. he gets beat down the court all game long. he wont rebound. he had like 2 rebounds in the third against the sixers the other day. At 7'1 350 pounds. no way in hell should shaq have less than 16boards a game. he cant hit his throws. its pathetic.

the trade i proposed on this board and got blasted on, didnt seem too bad when Boozer and Z were going toe to toe with Shaq in the game in Cleveland.

Shaq is a defensive liability. plain and simple. he doesnt bring it every night just from an effort standpoint. and that sucks for a guy making 30mil a year.

would trading shaq be painful? yes. but in the long run its going to be best for the franchise is to build around Kobe. Im not saying trade Shaq for the sake of trading him. If the Lakers can resign Kobe without him demanding change. Then keep Shaq. But if it comes down to having to make a choice. Its a no brainer, IMO. You keep Kobe.

Allow the Lakers to make a run at the title this year. And if Kobe comes to the Lakers and tells them he feels there needs to be changes made for him to resign with the Lakers, by all means make those changes.

We've gotten a glimpse of how life could be without Kobe. No intensity. No fire. No spark. Half-assed efforts. It took the second unit to bring effort to the court today. And if anyone thinks this team without Kobe can still win an NBA championship. You are smoking some serious hash.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by <b>shazha</b>!

dude i thought u were a lakers fan!!

LOL

are u sure ur not a dallas fan in disguise as a lakers fan?? :confused:
What?:confused:

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Damian u know feel what i feel, u cant critisize the Lakers without them jumping on you...

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!
Damian u know feel what i feel, u cant critisize the Lakers without them jumping on you...
Well, that sure was hard to comprehend.

Anyways, I am a Lakers fan...so this doesn't bother me at all. All I'm saying is that if the Lakers want to have a successful future, we need to build around Kobe, and unless he gets back soon...we are in trouble this season.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts