Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who should be blamed

  • Dr. Buss, GM Mitch CutShaq

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coaches

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Kobe

    Votes: 36 53.7%
  • Odom and Supporting Casts

    Votes: 8 11.9%
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
We Warriors
Joined
·
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some peoples blame this, Others blame that.

What comes first, Chicken or egg?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,418 Posts
Ahh another daily thread devoted to blaming kobe. my favorite kind
 

·
Curse of the Sonics
Joined
·
20,794 Posts
It will always come back to management. Even if you think Kobe is some ballhog cancer that will always hold the team back, it's management that chose him over Shaquille O'Neal. Even if you think that Lamar Odom and Caron Butler are sorry players, it goes back to management bringing them in, instead of finding a couple of better players to get in return for Shaq.
 

·
We Warriors
Joined
·
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is simple! What comes first, Chicken or egg?

Dr. Buss and GM should be blamed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
425 Posts
Ballscientist said:
It is simple! What comes first, Chicken or egg?

Dr. Buss and GM should be blamed.
This time it's Kobe. He is the one made Buss impossible to keep both Shaq and Kobe. It was obvious that if Buss kept Shaq Kobe would sign with another team. What would you do? Trade Shaq for some valuable players or let Kobe walk for free? Buss and GM basicly had no choice here.
 

·
Curse of the Sonics
Joined
·
20,794 Posts
I don't understand how anyone can think it's Kobe's fault, that's as ridiculous as saying The Timberwolves losing is Garnett's fault. It's pretty silly. But it makes it easy to see who the haters are.
 

·
We Warriors
Joined
·
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
shoprite said:
This time it's Kobe. He is the one made Buss impossible to keep both Shaq and Kobe. It was obvious that if Buss kept Shaq Kobe would sign with another team. What would you do? Trade Shaq for some valuable players or let Kobe walk for free? Buss and GM basicly had no choice here.
Why didn't they trade Shaq for KG/Kandi.

win-win situation

Twolves:
Shaq + a lot of shooters = title contender

Lakers:
KG + Kobe = title contender
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
The reason they're missing the playoffs is because they don't have a good enough team to make the playoffs. It's as simple as that. It's never one person or one part of the organization's fault. They just don't have a good enough team. The coaches are never good enough to single-handedly bring a team to the playoffs. A superstar is never good enough to single-handedly bring a team to the playoffs. A supporting cast is never good enough to single-handedly bring a team to the playoffs. The management is never good enough to single-handedly bring a team to the playoffs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
425 Posts
LBJthefuturegoat said:
trade him or get better fit of players around him
It's easier said than done. In that situation, Lakers just couldn't get fair value in return. Even Dallas rejected Dirk for Shaq. With time running out, this maybe the best Lakers can get.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
Ballscientist said:
Why didn't they trade Shaq for KG/Kandi.

win-win situation

Twolves:
Shaq + a lot of shooters = title contender

Lakers:
KG + Kobe = title contender
Because both sides have to agree to the trade.
 
1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Top