• No!

Votes: 78 75.7%
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to BJ Armstrong they are!

Anthony (SC): What do the Lakers need to be a contender in the west again?

SportsNation B.J. Armstrong: (3:20 PM ET ) The Lakers are already contenders because of No. 8. But if they are going to go to the elite of the West, they need to get another star who can be consistent around that 20pt/10reb mark. Kevin Garnett comes to mind. He could embrace the second fiddle role to Bryant. Talent-wise he fits what the Lakers are looking for. Odom has made great strides and if he can consistently get his numbers to what KG can do night in and night out, the Lakers would be the creme of the crop in the West.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
tp2386 said:
Refs Help? Are you kidding me. Kobe gets hacked all the time going into the lane and hardly ever gets the call since he scored 81 points in a game.
but he sure does cry to the ref so he gets it next time. That is why he gets a lot of T's. Whinning and crying because you didn't get the all star call for him.

·
Registered
225 Posts
He should be shooting the most amount of free throws in the league. He gets the most touches out of anyone else. But, in the playoffs Kobe won't be able to do it on his own. He needs some help from Lamar Odom and the rest of the team.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
why do laker fans constantly cry that kobe gets fouled "going into the lane" when he shoots the second most freethrows, yet 70% of his shots are jumpers? ppl like tim duncan are POST players and get no calls. wow

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
and contenders make it past the first round. lakers will lose badly to the spurs, mavs, or suns. badly...

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Kobe gets hammered more than any player in the L, and he recieves absolutely no "superstar" treatment - even though i feel no 1 should get special treatment, many players do..and the 1 player who has earned it more so than any other player(kobe),, doesnt recieve it, if anything many times calls in his favor are over-looked

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
how has kobe "earned" the right to get "Utah" calls...ummm...excuse me...i mean "superstar" calls more than anyone in the league? and NO, kobe doesn't get hammered more than any other player in the league. shaq, duncan, and Yao get hammered more than any other player in the league. how physical can it be shooting jumpers all day? come on now

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
duncan2k5 said:
how has kobe "earned" the right to get "Utah" calls...ummm...excuse me...i mean "superstar" calls more than anyone in the league? and NO, kobe doesn't get hammered more than any other player in the league. shaq, duncan, and Yao get hammered more than any other player in the league. how physical can it be shooting jumpers all day? come on now
for a perimeter player of his size getting hit by those bigger guys..but i will say this Kobe is MUCH MUCH beter at getting to/through the lane n staying on his feet than most-such as wade manu etc.,, but my question is how hasnt he earned "superstar" treatment from the refs..its not right but its obvious that some of the more gifted veterans get the call...not kobe--bron does n he's only a 3rd yr. guy, how has he earned the "superstar" treatment over kobe-a proven champion 8-time all-star and is considered by most the best overall player in the game..n a veteran to the league-bringin alot of money to the NBA in a big market city---why doesnt Kobe desrve 'superstar" treatment, if anyone else in the nba does?

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,231 Posts
Phil Jackson-->BJ's old coach
=Inbred Bias

****ing ridiculous. BJ has been saying some stupid things the last few days.

And that whole spiel about getting KG...what if Dallas gets KG to play next to Dirk, or Tim gets KG to play with him--y'know--put KG with ANY star and it will take that team to another level.

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
clien said:
for a perimeter player of his size getting hit by those bigger guys..but i will say this Kobe is MUCH MUCH beter at getting to/through the lane n staying on his feet than most-such as wade manu etc.,, but my question is how hasnt he earned "superstar" treatment from the refs..its not right but its obvious that some of the more gifted veterans get the call...not kobe--bron does n he's only a 3rd yr. guy, how has he earned the "superstar" treatment over kobe-a proven champion 8-time all-star and is considered by most the best overall player in the game..n a veteran to the league-bringin alot of money to the NBA in a big market city---why doesnt Kobe desrve 'superstar" treatment, if anyone else in the nba does?
geez, he has an 80 point game a couple of 60's a few 50's and a gaggle of 40's...in none of these games he shot fewer then 20 ft...what more do you want? if the defender looks at him he gets to shoot fts?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dragnsmke1 said:
geez, he has an 80 point game a couple of 60's a few 50's and a gaggle of 40's...in none of these games he shot fewer then 20 ft...what more do you want? if the defender looks at him he gets to shoot fts?
81 62 56...

It's still a major accomplishment to score 60+ points in a game. Kobe did it twice this season and his career so far and could've skipped 60-69 range altogether if he would've played longer in the Dallas game. It's still so rare to get those kind of numbers. Personally if I was on the court Kobe wouldn't have been able to do it... I would've been suspended for a year or so...

The Lakers are not contenders simply because Kobe can't do that every night and he would have to with the team surrounding him. Score 81 after 4 or 61/56 after 3 almost every game in the playoffs to win a championship. There are tons of games where he gets up enough shots to put up those numbers, but his shot isn't on to put up those types of scoring nights consistently. They live or die by Kobe. At the end of games he either shoots them out of the game or wins the game, but either way he's doing the shooting. He's like George Bush Jr. it doesn't matter if they had WMD's we're going in there anyway. I can say he's not a flip floper....

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.