Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy, those people in the Staples centre couldn't get excited if they were giving free lap dances with every ticket sold. After seeing the fans in Dallas and Sacramento and even Boston and Jersey, the Laker fans appear to sit on their hands a bit.

And yes, I know that ESPN had tech difficulties which is why their sound was down in the first half.

But Laker fans... this is the FINALS. You remember them, don't you? It was only last year! Make some damn noise and give it a finals feel

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
That's because their crowd are mostly high-flying celebrities, not the blue collar types. Nobody who works for a standard salary could ever afford their close proximity seats.

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
I beg to differ with both of you.

I have attended many Laker games in the past, and I can tell you that that place rocks. If a game is close and competitive, it GETS LOUD. All you have to do is see how the fans reacted during the Sacto series to see what I mean.

I can't blame the fans for not getting into the game last night. Think about it: they had just come off an incredible series with the Kings, and they blew out the Nets early. Lakers' fans, as a whole, are VERY knowledgeable fans of the sport: they KNOW that the Nets do not measure up, and probably will not give the defending champs a run for their money.

If they do, you know what will happen: the Lakers will step up, and so will the crowd.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
"So no Jason Kidd is not the MVP of the playoffs"

It is called, "NBA Finals MVP" -

not the playoffs in their entirety, but the "finals" only.

Jason has a chance to win it - Jerry West won it in 1969 and his team was the LOSING team in the finals - if he keeps up putting those triple doubles into each game -
how can they deny him???? They didn't deny Jerry West and I'm sure it was because of his NEAR triple doubles that they gave the Finals MVP to him. :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It doesn't matter if the Lakers were up by three dozen. This is the finals. If my team was in there, I'd be jumping around like an idiot... even moreso than usual.

Still, I doubt I'll live to see the Warriors make it there.

*sob*

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
You mean to tell me the Warriors have a better crowd? What about Miami, the Cavs or Atlanta? Where 10,000 show up nightly and 2,000 of them root for the other team?

Staples is much more quiet than the Forum was. In case you haven't noticed, there is like 3 rows of luxury boxes. You couldn't even hear the upper level no matter how loud they get. The forum had one row on the sidelines and two rows on the baselines.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I think SBT just means himself...how he would act if he were in the crowd.

Goodness knows that the Warriors fans in general aren't known for their attendance. :D

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
ABSOLUTELY NO ARENA IS LOUDER THAN Madison Square Garden during a Knicks playoff game. None of your teams can measure up with mine in this dept. sorry.:yes:

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
Originally posted by Fordy74
ABSOLUTELY NO ARENA IS LOUDER THAN Madison Square Garden during a Knicks playoff game. None of your teams can measure up with mine in this dept. sorry.:yes:
although i hate to admit it :D , you're right...the knicks have a nice crowd at their playoff games.

i think the nets's fan base and crowd show-up will increase too. same as the number of people actually wearing nets jerseys in n.j. i hope it's not a fad...lol.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Silk

Goodness knows that the Warriors fans in general aren't known for their attendance. :D
Yep, that's pretty much exactly what I meant.

Cheers
Brett

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Originally posted by Silk

Well the thread title suggests that the Lakers crowd is duller than the Warriors crowd.

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
the thread title is the lakers have the dullest crowd in the game, not the lakers have a duller crowd than the warriors.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
By the game I figured he meant NBA no? So he's saying the Lakers have a duller crowd than the Warriors, Heat, Cavs, Hawks and Magic? Or did he mean the Lakers have the dullest crowd in game 1? In that cast aren't they the only crowd? Am I just confused?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK, OK, scatterbrains....

Yes, I wasn't clear. I was posting following game 1 where the crowd seemed to fall asleep. I have been to finals in other sports and the crowd just goes off. At the Staples centre though, it seemed as though alot were trying to be cool rather than being excited

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Shut up

Lakers fans kick as$ and your favorite team probably sucks, now be quiet.

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
What I don't understand is how can you show up late to a game? Laker fans always come in about half way through the first quarter...

I've never been late to a blazer game. NEVER! I can't believe any fan of their team would want to be late like that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts