Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That was one of the dumbest calls in NBA officiating history. I hope that ref gets his *** beat down by some Lakers vatos when he's leaving STAPLES.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ezealen said:
What happened?
We were playing like crap, but we put on a run late in the game. Butler was at the FT line for 2, he made the first and missed the second. Kobe got the rebound, with us down by 3 and 20 seconds left. He missed a three and off the rebound, Daniels clearly hit the ball out of bounds right in front of the ref (this was proven multiple times through replay). However, the ref nearest to the play gave the ball to Seattle and just walked away, taking away any chance we had of tying the game and sending it into OT.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
It happens. You have to take the good with the bad. Refs sometimes make bad calls, but it happens on both sides, so it can either help you or hurt you. Tonight, it hurt the lakers, but they've had their fair share of calls that have helped them as well.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
R-Star said:
It happens. You have to take the good with the bad. Refs sometimes make bad calls, but it happens on both sides, so it can either help you or hurt you. Tonight, it hurt the lakers, but they've had their fair share of calls that have helped them as well.
The thing is, stuff like this should not happen. What ways could NBA officiating be improved? Should refs have to pass an IQ Test? Should there not be NBA games during March Madness> I bet the ref said it went off of Cook because he hates the Illini. :curse:

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Damian Necronamous said:
We were playing like crap, but we put on a run late in the game. Butler was at the FT line for 2, he made the first and missed the second. Kobe got the rebound, with us down by 3 and 20 seconds left. He missed a three and off the rebound, Daniels clearly hit the ball out of bounds right in front of the ref (this was proven multiple times through replay). However, the ref nearest to the play gave the ball to Seattle and just walked away, taking away any chance we had of tying the game and sending it into OT.
There was a missed call earlier in the 4th when clearly Butler and Mihm hit it out and Evans was called on it.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Damian Necronamous said:
Watch the replay: Daniels hit the ball lost but clearly Cook fouled him. Raked him across the arm. The Lakers might have been jobbed on some other calls but not on that one

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
DuMa said:
There was a missed call earlier in the 4th when clearly Butler and Mihm hit it out and Evans was called on it.
But let's not forget going into halftime with like 1 second left Jumaine Jones was mugged but they let it go and it's halftime..

·
Banned
762 Posts
I was just watching the highlights of the game on ESPNNews and they didn't show or say anything about it, so I assume it wasnt anything serious and the Laker fans are probably just being dillusional

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Brian34Cook said:
But let's not forget going into halftime with like 1 second left Jumaine Jones was mugged but they let it go and it's halftime..
point is, bad calls go both ways. stop being such a homer and think the refs have it out for your teams.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
What are you complaining about? Bad call or not it didn't cost the Lakers the game. The still would have been down by 3 even if they had the ball. LA had their chances.

You can't compare loosing a ball out of bounds on an offensive rebound when you are down 3 to a blown goaltending call. No points went on or off the board as a result of a ball going out of bounds.

·
Banned
762 Posts
If a Laker fan ever told me that the refs had it out for his team, I would Laugh in his face for approximately 14 hours, stop, and then slap him

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Nique21 said:
If a Laker fan ever told me that the refs had it out for his team, I would Laugh in his face for approximately 14 hours, stop, and then slap him
You're allowed out of the crate?

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DuMa said:
But then again, to end the half, Jones got mugged and Lewis goaltended Atkins's layup attempt (it hit the backboard before Lewis got it).

The most crucial call was the most important and it got screwed up.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
One bad call does not yet bring the Force back into balance. We are a fair way off that yet...

·
Banned
22 Posts
:laugh: Quit the crying. The Refs don't respect Lottery teams like the Lakers, so what, get over it. If you guys where at least a decent team then maybe the call would of went your way, but you're not one.

Anyway, The Sonics did the smart thing by sitting Ray Allen out the rest of the game, they knew that they didn't need him to beat a lottery team like the Lakers. No Ray Allen, No Radmonavic, No Danny Fortson, and no Jerome James yet they still get in the Lakers butt. The fat lady has sung for the Lake Show, they're done. The better hope lottery ping pongs swing their way next month. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts