Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lakers are done for this season. Let's talk about the next season.

Rockets keep 2 players from 03-04 season, trade 13 players to other teams, waive 24 players (including sign and waive).

Let's learn from Rockets (keep Yao and a Spoon)

Lakers: Keep Kobe and Grant, trade 13 players to other teams.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
If they are trying to learn the triangle offense, they should get players that have played in the offense before, or keep the same players, because it takes a long time to learn the offense, and an even longer time to perfect it.

I think they should keep most of the team, but maybe get a better center, and for sure get a really good defensive minded pg.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I agree, they really need to do something to change their plan right now cause its oviosly now working, you think they would go for Lebron when the time is right?

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
I think we'll see this kind of lineup next season...

PG: 2005 Lottery Selection (Felton, Paul, Williams, Jack)
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Caron Butler
PF: Player received in trade for Lamar Odom
C: Chris Mihm

I've got a feeling we'll either take Julius Hodge or Jawad Williams with our high 2nd round pick (Hawks' or Bobcats' pick) and we'll try to pick up any one of Chandler, Curry, Brown, Dalembert, Swift via Free Agency.

I doubt Brian Grant will go anywhere, and Jumaine Jones and Chucky Atkins will probably stay as well. Apart from them and the three guys I mentioned in the starting lineup, I wouldn't be surprised if anyone else was traded.

My dream scenario would be...

PG: Deron Williams...Chucky Atkins
SG: Kobe Bryant...Julius Hodge
SF: Caron Butler...Jumaine Jones
PF: Carlos Boozer...Brian Grant
C: Tyson Chandler..Chris Mihm
Coach: Phil Jackson

Williams with our pick (10-13), Hodge with our early 2nd, Boozer for Odom, Chandler for a 5yr MLE deal. Yeah yeah yeah, it won't happen. That's why I said my "dream" scenario. That would be the perfect fit of players to surround Kobe.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
i would say try to go after the boozer deal again in the offseason. all indications are that utah still is willing to deal him. give up odom if thats what it takes. then see about exploring a possible sign and trade for tyson chandler. george/butler/mihm might do the trick. then draft charlie villanueva and nate robinson, all while looking down the road at at grants expiring deal to get a PG or go after amare after next season. that would give them this look

c - chandler/grant
pf- boozer/villanueva/cook
sf- jones/villanueva/walton
sg - bryant/vujacic
pg - atkins/robinson.

i think that team gets into the playoffs in 05, and has more potential for the next 3 years.and gives kobe the leeway in the triangle to do what kobe does best.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Whodinee said:
i would say try to go after the boozer deal again in the offseason. all indications are that utah still is willing to deal him. give up odom if thats what it takes. then see about exploring a possible sign and trade for tyson chandler. george/butler/mihm might do the trick. then draft charlie villanueva and nate robinson, all while looking down the road at at grants expiring deal to get a PG or go after amare after next season. that would give them this look

c - chandler/grant
pf- boozer/villanueva/cook
sf- jones/villanueva/walton
sg - bryant/vujacic
pg - atkins/robinson.

i think that team gets into the playoffs in 05, and has more potential for the next 3 years.and gives kobe the leeway in the triangle to do what kobe does best.
Butler, Mihm and George is too much for Chandler in a S&T. If we somehow convinced Chandler to come and play for us, the Bulls would settle for a combo of George and Slava. At the worst, we'd give up Mihm and George. In S&T deals, a team in the Bulls' situation would basically never get equal value for the player they would be giving up. For example, the Crawford trade this summer.

Anyways, I'm thinking it's 80-85% that Chandler and Curry both re-sign with Chicago.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Laker Freak said:
I would rather get a true center instead of Chandler.
Chandler is one of the most aggressive players on the defensive end and on the boards in the league. He'd do just fine.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Damian Necronamous said:
Chandler for a 5yr MLE deal.
Definitely won't happen. Bulls would match the MLE on Chandler, happily, since I'm sure Chandler will getting paid more than that this summer.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Damian Necronamous said:
Anyways, I'm thinking it's 80-85% that Chandler and Curry both re-sign with Chicago.
its pure speculation of me jotting down things on my notepad bored here at work. but it seems like alot of money to give to both of them at the same time in the same year, when it looks like down the road they will at best be 3rd options or role players as long as hinrich, gordon and deng are playing for the bulls.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Damian Necronamous said:
I've got a feeling we'll either take Julius Hodge or Jawad Williams with our high 2nd round pick (Hawks' or Bobcats' pick) and we'll try to pick up any one of Chandler, Curry, Brown, Dalembert, Swift via Free Agency.
Are the Lakers under the cap? ANd if not, how in the world do you think you can get one of those players in Free Agency?

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Laker Freak said:
I would rather get a true center instead of Chandler.
would you change the word "true" to "blue"?

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SeaNet said:
Are the Lakers under the cap? ANd if not, how in the world do you think you can get one of those players in Free Agency?
Lakers have a chance to sign Yao and Amare within 2 years.

MLE + Holywood endorsement!!

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Damian Necronamous said:
Butler, Mihm and George is too much for Chandler in a S&T. If we somehow convinced Chandler to come and play for us, the Bulls would settle for a combo of George and Slava. At the worst, we'd give up Mihm and George. In S&T deals, a team in the Bulls' situation would basically never get equal value for the player they would be giving up. For example, the Crawford trade this summer.

I think there is a very slim chance Chicago keeps both Chandler and Curry. Both of these guys have had solid years and both of them think they are going to get big dollars this summer. Chicago does not want to dump 100 million into these two after all of the problems they have had with them. And a team with cap space like Atlanta might throw some money at Curry and lock him up.

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Damian Necronamous said:
I think we'll see this kind of lineup next season...

und Kobe.
Lakers will have the mid level this summer to throw around and that is not going to be enough, especially if it goes down after the new CBA. Not enough for any of those guys.

Even a guy like Kwame is going to get at least 5 mil a season.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Man I would be happy to give JWill and Swift for Lamar Odom.

I think the Lakers do need to blow it up and turnover the entire roster ASAP with the exception of Kobe. They need to get some shooters , rebounders, and shotblockers around Kobe with one other scorer. None of that is on the roster right now. They will have some assets to work with and really do need a high lottery pick.

First you got to make a decision: cap room or acquisitions....you can't middle ground it and get real good. I would go the acquisition route and eat some bad contracts.

First deal: Chucky Atkins, Caron Butler for Derek Fisher, Mike Dunleavy

Second deal: Brian Grant for Theo Ratliff

Third deal: Lamar Odom for Ron Artest and Scott Pollard

Fourth deal: Devean George, Vlade Divac (retires) for PJ Brown and George Lynch

MLE: Stromile Swift

2005 Draft: 1st pick Hakim Warrick, 2nd round Luther Head

2005-06 Roster

PG Derek Fisher, Sasha Vujanic, Luther Head
SG Kobe Bryant, Mike Dunleavy
SF Ron Artest, George Lynch, Hakim Warrick, Jumaine Jones
PF Stromille Swift, PJ Brown, Brian Cook
C Theo Ratliff, Chris Mihm, Scott Pollard

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yes, I think they need a rebounder and need to keep Kobe!

Also they defenately need to get rid of Akins cause he has had alot of turn overs this year...

btw nice post :clap:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
AoK-TripleDouble said:
Yes, I think they need a rebounder and need to keep Kobe!

Also they defenately need to get rid of Akins cause he has had alot of turn overs this year...

btw nice post :clap:
1.8 turnovers in 36.3 minutes per game is pretty damn good. What do you consider good?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts