Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lakers should bring back Sam Perkins! He would be cheap, we could sign him to the vet's minimum. He can hit threes and possibly draw defenders out, allowing Kobe to drive more. He has experience with the Lakers, and can provide rest for Shaq.

Positives:

-Can hit threes
-Will rest Shaq
-Experienced
-Cheap salary
-Draw centers out
-Has titles, so he can win

Negatives:

-Old
-Bad defender
-Bad Hair
-Flabby and not quite in shape

There are more positives than negatives. We should sign him!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by g-dog-rice
Lakers should bring back Sam Perkins! He would be cheap, we could sign him to the vet's minimum. He can hit threes and possibly draw defenders out, allowing Kobe to drive more. He has experience with the Lakers, and can provide rest for Shaq.

Positives:

-Can hit threes
-Will rest Shaq
-Experienced
-Cheap salary
-Draw centers out
-Has titles, so he can win

Negatives:

-Old
-Bad defender
-Bad Hair
-Flabby and not quite in shape

There are more positives than negatives. We should sign him!
Bad idea-We have better shooters than him-He won't rest Shaq for very long since he is so old-we don't really need experience-we have plenty-we could sign someone better for his amount-If he is in the game,Shaq will be out so it wont matter if he can draw centers out. And for your last point-Madsen has rings too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well, who is going to play backup center than? Slav? or Samaki?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
Well if ur gonna bring back Perkins, then you have to bring back Mr. Playoff, Ron Harper himself. Harper will complain all year for u but when the playoffs come, his knees feel good and he can flat out play. Harper ain't too good with the interviews tho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe we could bring Harper or AC Green or Perkins back as a coach...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by g-dog-rice
Well, who is going to play backup center than? Slav? or Samaki?
I think it should be Samaki..he would be better than Perkins-and than Slava could play more minutes at PF.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
Originally posted by g-dog-rice
Maybe we could bring Harper or AC Green or Perkins back as a coach...
Maybe Green or Perkins but I think it would be hard for Harper to coach. He has a really bad studdering problem and is kind of quiet. I don't know if he's in speech therapy or not but he needs to before he can start coaching or doing anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts
The Lakers could sign Lorenzo Coleman. He is playing for the Globetrotters and his is young and huge. He would be a good backup for Shaq. Also Olden Polynice is a possibility.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Lorenzo would be a great player to have, though some players enjoy playing for the fun of it. Lorenzo may be one of those people.
 

·
BBB.net Archivist
Joined
·
26,901 Posts
I would like to see the Lakers bring back Cedric Cebballos. He might not have a role with this team with DG coming back but it would be good to see #23 back in a Laker uni.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top