Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
http://lakers.ocregister.com/2012/0...join-mike-browns-lakers-coaching-staff/73857/

So the coaching staff is going to be overhauled.

Bernie Bickerstaff is nailing it. Now I am excited. This guy is a true talent in the coaching ranks. Underrated forever.

The secondary article above doesn't say who is not returning, but I would like to keep Chuck Person, if at all possible. I think he has a special rapport with Kobe.

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts
Damn I was really looking forward to seeing Nash/Howard pick and roll teams to death like San Antonio does. This should be good for Kobe and great for Pau though.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Pau is a great passer, but do we really want to take decision making duty away from Steve Nash?

I hope that this will be a part-time offense, something to use to keep defenses off base, rather than a full time system. I mean, you have to have Nash and Howard run pick and rolls until someone shows that they can stop it, right?

My biggest concern with our personnel going into this season is Mike Brown.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Eddie Jordan is a terrible coach. You have Nash, you don't need someone trying to tinker with the offense.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
I think you guys are making these negative judgments too early. Let's see how this plays out before jumping to conclusions.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
I know the personnel has changed radically but it still makes me nervous that they are so quick to change offensive philosophies one year to the next especially when the last one they tried last season which wasnt really suitable to the personnel on hand seems on the surface quite suitable to the personnel this season

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
I wonder how many possessions will actually utilize the princeton offense. phil jackson allowed a lot of free lancing in the triangle offense and did not let it strangle down his talented players and allowed them freedom to create. i hope that is still going to be the case here.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I know the personnel has changed radically but it still makes me nervous that they are so quick to change offensive philosophies one year to the next especially when the last one they tried last season which wasnt really suitable to the personnel on hand seems on the surface quite suitable to the personnel this season
Last year the offense sucked it was 70% kobe iso 30% give the ball to bynum and watch him force it against a double team. heres a video showing how it could work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxafGcM95KA

Eddie Jordan is a great offensive coach but knows nothing about defense.
Mike Brown is a great defensive coach but knows nothing about offense.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
Last year the offense sucked it was 70% kobe iso 30% give the ball to bynum and watch him force it against a double team. heres a video showing how it could work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxafGcM95KA

Eddie Jordan is a great offensive coach but knows nothing about defense.
Mike Brown is a great defensive coach but knows nothing about offense.
actually, Messina's offense never really got installed but more to the point a double post P&R heavy approach (which was supposed to be the idea if it had ever been implemented) would be even more sensible with this year's squad than it would have been last year

(and I've seen that video already, in a perfect world any system will work but what I saw there had a lot of Steve Nash standing still and Pau standing on the 3 point line)

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
7ft Pau Gasol at the top of the key and shooting 3pts ?? Anything is an improvement over that.

I still don't know what was wrong with the triangle. I guess Brown couldn't understand it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts