Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the Kings tied up the series tonight. They played well, but the Lakers played stupid.

They settled for a lot of jump shots, which WERE NOT falling tonight. The other day, they made it a point to penetrate the middle, and dish it back out. Lots of open looks, lots of threes.

Tonight? A lot of bricks. :(

Game 3 ought to be interesting...the Kings have not lost on the road in the playoffs this year.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I think Kobe will come into game 3 without the food posioning and continue his dominace he was showing in game 1.

But the big question for LA, will anyone else besides Shaq and Kobe step up??

·
Registered
553 Posts
Personally, I'd love to see the Kings take one in LA and make a real series of it. I still believe that the Lakers will win it all, but I'd like to see 'em challenged, see 'em with their backs to the wall.

Just because I think it'll happen, does mean I want it to though. Go Kings

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do find it interesting that the writer explains how the Kings should attack the Lakers but does not explain how the Lakers should attack the Kings.

Is he making an assumption as to who is the underdog in this series? :grinning:

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW, Rifleman, Bobby Jackson is my favorite King player.

He seems to be the only one who isn't in fear of the Lakers; he really takes it them! :yes:

P.S. I'm working on getting as many avatars as possible from all the teams in the league, if you guys/gals want any one in particular sooner, let me know and I'll try to dig one up. :)

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
But the big question for LA, will anyone else besides Shaq and Kobe step up??
Tell me about it. George and Fisher have been liabilties in this series. The Kings keep leaving them open for 3 and they brick it anyways.

The Lakers will need another huge game from Horry.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
First off, I loved it that the guy developed "stategy" for more than a few clubs, including 1 of the WCF participants. (Jim Eyen is a longtime NBA assistant coach who has developed strategy for the Lakers, Clippers, Bucks and Blazers.)

Secondly, I loved how he presented the schools of thought on how to stop Shaq. Shaq is the #1 offensive thrust & sets everybody else up for decent looks at shooting the ball, which the triple post offense does anyways, but adding Shaq to the mix really makes it work great! I know which school of thought I'd use to defeat the Lakers.

I love how he also talked about the great defense the Lakers play, another reason why they are difficult to beat. I really thought it was a good article by a guy who knows the game and can see why & how the Lakers have been so dominant.

Oh, and as a side note in reply to another poster - the other Lakers will step it up, they almost always do.
:yes:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HearToTemptYou</b>!
If the kings had made just ONE more free throw...
You know, I really, really, really honestly thought we were done talking about this. I really did. I mean, gosh, we were doing so well. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wiggum</b>!

You know, I really, really, really honestly thought we were done talking about this. I really did. I mean, gosh, we were doing so well. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up... :rolleyes:
Well, I am kind of new here. Don't worry, sooner or later I'll get up to speed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts