Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the Lakers remaining schedule. Its BRUTAL.

San Antonio and Memphis on a back to back

Phoenix 2 days later

Then houston and seattle on a back to back

Then sac and phoenix on a back to back, then SAC 4 days later, then dallas and golden state on a back to back, then finally Portland.

Not to jump on the Lakers Hate Bandwagon, but really, I don't see how they can win any of those games, except Portland.. but Portland could look for a kill and Lakers could have totally given up by then..

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
sherwin said:

Phoenix 2 days later

Then sac and phoenix on a back to back, then SAC 4 days later, then dallas and golden state on a back to back, then finally Portland.

Not to jump on the Lakers Hate Bandwagon, but really, I don't see how they can win any of those games, except Portland.. but Portland could look for a kill and Lakers could have totally given up by then..
its possible, but consider that the lakers have already beaten dallas twice, houston twice and sacramento once. portland shouldnt be a problem. GS has been playing well but still. they should get up to 37 wins somehow

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TheATLien said:
NBA lottery conspiracy theory?
Hmmm.... tough schedule at the end almost impossible to win, they knew the Lakers would suck this season.. Good point, although they would also have to have predicted Phoenix and Seattle would be good teams this season..

·
Banned
762 Posts
Whodinee said:
its possible, but consider that the lakers have already beaten dallas twice, houston twice and sacramento once. portland shouldnt be a problem. GS has been playing well but still. they should get up to 37 wins somehow
Lamar Odom is probably out for the rest of the season. I don't see them winning any of those games except MAYBE the Portland Game

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whodinee said:
Right now the team is at its lowest point. They've basically given up. It's not the same as how it was earlier in the season when they won those games.

·
Registered
191 Posts
lakers won't make the play off, so actually it would be very smart to lose 11 in a row

I think they are tanking the season, after Odom perhaps Kobe will fake an injurie

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EuroScout said:
lakers won't make the play off, so actually it would be very smart to lose 11 in a row

I think they are tanking the season, after Odom perhaps Kobe will fake an injurie
They're still a .404 team if they lose the rest of the games. Not much of a chance of a first pick there, but could pull a top 12..? If they get first pick it's gotta be rigged.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whodinee said:
plus by then some of those playoff teams will have locked up playoff position already and will be resting some players. who knows. but starting a thread like this leaves you wide open for painful bumping.
I hope I am wrong. No team should have to go through that, its just bad for the NBA. (But we don't want them to get a better lottery pick either.... west is crowded enough with good teams.. no room for the lakers in the top 8 again ;) )

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Whodinee said:
could be, but its like heroin for guys like nique. :)
haha post of the day...

wat cracks me up about a guy like Nique is when the Lakers were doing a good and gettin titles and all was fairy well, he'd make every excuse of how they're lucky or our fans brag or anything to ease his dispaointment ...

now that they're doing terrible he's happy as hell and rubbin it in...

here's to those who celebrate in others failures :cheers: a true person of class and dignity...

on topic, the lakers have completely lost their stride... they're trying, but sometimes trying hard when going in the wrong direction adds to the problem... they have no flow to the team and they are all on different pages...

so although 11 straight losses wouldn't shock me... i still expect 1 or 2 wins

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
sherwin said:

Phoenix 2 days later

We can hope, sherwin... we can hope...

·
Registered
182 Posts
sherwin said:
They're still a .404 team if they lose the rest of the games. Not much of a chance of a first pick there, but could pull a top 12..? If they get first pick it's gotta be rigged.
we already got the "11th" pick now, if we drop to .402 by losing all our games we'll most likely be around "7". I use quotes because you never actually know how the lottery will end up, but thats what most likely would happen.

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
sherwin said:

Phoenix 2 days later

Who cares? Is it really that big a deal? More ping pong balls.

·
Banned
762 Posts
shobe42 said:
haha post of the day...

wat cracks me up about a guy like Nique is when the Lakers were doing a good and gettin titles and all was fairy well, he'd make every excuse of how they're lucky or our fans brag or anything to ease his dispaointment ...

now that they're doing terrible he's happy as hell and rubbin it in...

here's to those who celebrate in others failures :cheers: a true person of class and dignity...

on topic, the lakers have completely lost their stride... they're trying, but sometimes trying hard when going in the wrong direction adds to the problem... they have no flow to the team and they are all on different pages...

so although 11 straight losses wouldn't shock me... i still expect 1 or 2 wins

Actually you're wrong. The 3-Peat Laker Team was an amazing team, we all just sat back and watched them take over for 3 Years. It isn't like I lost sleep everyday knowing the Lakers would win, I mean sure I rooted against them, but I couldent help but crack a smile sometimes when I would see something like the Horry 3 Pointer to beat the Kings or the Kobe lob to Shaq against Portland and then of course 0.4. But now it's come to that time where I just sit back and say "I Told you so" because I always believed this team would be nowhere without Shaq and Phil and now it has actually happened

I have already come to terms with the fact that the Lakers will not make the playoffs this year, and while I admit it will be alot more fun to watch the Playoffs without them in it, I could really care less anymore

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Yup, it's very possible the Lakers lose every game of the season from this point on. However, if Odom is back, I think they pull out a handful a victories just out of sheer pride. On the other hand, Odom may not be back soon, so maybe 2-3 W's?

and while I admit it will be alot more fun to watch the Playoffs without them in it, I could really care less anymore
What do you figure your post% split is between the Lakers and "your team" the Rockets? 80% Lakers, 20% Rockets? You're obsessed, there's no use in lying to yourself. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
EHL said:
Yup, it's very possible the Lakers lose every game of the season from this point on. However, if Odom is back, I think they pull out a handful a victories just out of sheer pride. On the other hand, Odom may not be back soon, so maybe 2-3 W's?

What do you figure your post% split is between the Lakers and "your team" the Rockets? 80% Lakers, 20% Rockets? You're obsessed, there's no use in lying to yourself. :laugh:
Obsessed or not, your team is a losing team this season. Yup, bash all the entire message board all u want, but each time u bash, you have to know that you are carrying the "loser" labell, oh LMAO of the year!

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
John said:
Obsessed or not, your team is a losing team this season. Yup, bash all the entire message board all u want, but each time u bash, you have to know that you are carrying the "loser" labell, oh LMAO of the year!
Can't argue with that. Of all posters here, you are the only one that can own me dispassionately. F! it!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts