Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a rumor that discussions underway with the Chicago Bulls to ship Odom + #8 or #12 for #2 (Jay Williams).

Unlike a trade for Andre Miller, by getting Jay Williams, they get what should be a standout and potentially a better PG (but more risk), but more importantly, huge impact on cap.

Bulls get a quality scorer (who can play at 1-3) that they desperately need, plus can pick up a quality player at 8 or 12, potentially a PG if they are so bent on getting one.

Anyone else heard the same?

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
I've heard this over and over again. This trade has the same chances of happening as a snowball's chance in hell. I think everyone is overlooking the fact that the Clippers already have two young PG's who are still developing. Keyon Dooling and Marko Jaric, being compared to Jason Kidd. As for Odom and the Bulls: They had a chance to take him number one 3 years back. I am sure he cleary stated he didn't want to play for Chicago. Why would Jerry want him now?

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
I think the Bulls are HELL BENT on taking Jay!:yes:

Unless someone like Baron or Andre are offered for him,I DOUBT the Bulls will bite!:no:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Trade

I agree with LUNATIC and devestata, that trade will never happen. The Bulls are definitely going to pick Williams, unless they get an offer for a great experienced PG.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Trade rumor

I agree, Jay Williams could be way better than Andre Miller. The Bulls should wait and see how Jay Williams plays the first few years that he's in the laegue before they trade him.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
but

what if the potential of Jay Williams (or the #2), is worth more than the reality of Jay williams in 2 or 3 years? The Bulls lose out if they pick WIlliams and he is just ok. Personally, I think he will be good, but it is still a roll of the dice, and a veteran of 2 or 3 years is a more solid bet for a team that wants to win now.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC
I think the Bulls are HELL BENT on taking Jay!:yes:

Unless someone like Baron or Andre are offered for him,I DOUBT the Bulls will bite!:no:
Anyone heard how high the Hornets or Cavs are on Jay Williams? Might be the deciding factor here

·
Registered
46 Posts
Lamar or J-will?

Dude, think about it, Lamar for j-will? Krause is dumb, but not this dumb. And plus Lamar wouldnt make it past airport sercurity with all those drugs.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Shaq's Toe

I've heard nothing to indicate that Cleveland is thinking about moving up (for J Will), tho I have heard media rumors of them trading down for a veteran (Andre replacement?).

I think J Will will play v.good, and I think he is a perfect pick for Chicago IF, and its a big IF, If the management is willing to absorb mega-salary cap damage in a few years when Curry, Chandler, Hassell, and J Will are up for new contracts. No way he gets past GS either, or Memphis, or Den, or Clev, or NY, lol.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
I would just like to put this out their,Jay Williams will NEVER be the floor general that Miller IS!Jay is a shoot first type of PG,
unlike Miller who will average 9+ ast a game.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Jay Will

I think you're wrong.

Williams can lead a team. He proved it at Duke. To me, it seemed like he distributed the ball very well. I watched every televised Duke game (yeah, I guess you could call me a fan) in the season, and even if the stats didn't show it, he is a team player.

But, when the game is on the line, he wants the ball in his hands, like T-Mac and Kobe. They'll get their 5 or 6 assists per game, but when the game is winding down, they want to have a large influence on the outcome.

If Jay could make some freaking free throws, Duke would've won the National Championship! It's not a question of whether he can pass the ball, it's a question of whether he'll be able to hit clutch free throws.:D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Re: Jay Will

Originally posted by Mr. X

If Jay could make some freaking free throws, Duke would've won the National Championship! It's not a question of whether he can pass the ball, it's a question of whether he'll be able to hit clutch free throws.:D
It's OK, Jay and the bulls won't have to be shooting any key freethrows for a while! And for the record I think Jay will be a decent scorer, not great but good. He will never be a floor general though and that is what the bulls are looking for they will be very disapointed.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Re: Re: Jay Will

Originally posted by basketball_jesus

It's OK, Jay and the bulls won't have to be shooting any key freethrows for a while! And for the record I think Jay will be a decent scorer, not great but good. He will never be a floor general though and that is what the bulls are looking for they will be very disapointed.
Williams will have the Bulls in the Playoffs in 3-4 years. No franchise will stay bad forever. Willimas is a floor leader, he led the Blue Devils along with Battier when he was a Sophemore. Battier didn't lead that team by himself. Williams didn't win the Wooden Award for nothing. He'll be a great player. No doubt about it.:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts