Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Lamond Murray's contract coming off the books after next year, I highly doubt we will see him in a Raptors uniform when the 2005/2006 season is over. Since he will have an expiring contract, what do you think the Raptors will be able to get in return for him?

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
With Lamond Murray's contract coming off the books after next year, I highly doubt we will see him in a Raptors uniform when the 2005/2006 season is over. Since he will have an expiring contract, what do you think the Raptors will be able to get in return for him?
probably not that much

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Well it wouldn't make sense for a team to trade anything valuable for him at all, unless they are giving up a considerably longer contract.. which is what Babock doesn't want.

So, I think we should just hang on to him, because he doesn't look very attractive right now, and I don't see his stock raising at all within the next year.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
you can get a moderately better player on a longer contract. Ending contracts have value

I could see Babs doing something like that. Sure hope he doesn't.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about trading Lamond for a 2nd rounder, and a player with a contract that expires in the 2006/2007 season the same year as Jalen Rose? We'd still be over the cap in the 2006/2007, even with we do just let Lamond's contract expire.

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
any idea what teams would be willing to part with a 2nd rndr for Lamond and would have intrest in him. can think of many he will be a raptor till next years trade deadline.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Lamond Murrary has no value, however his contract does. Alone I don't think we could get much for him but he could be a important piece to a package with other players. If Aaron Williams picks up his option and he likely will the two of them combine for 8.5 mil in expiring contracts, add in Eric Williams whos a veteran teams might actually want and we have a decent package to offer to someone... as mentioned though we don't want to take on any salary beyond 06/07. There will be some team that will want the cap space a year early to take a run at some free agent...

I did some looking and here are some big contracts that would expire the same year as Rose that teams might want to get rid off...

Croshere, Bender, Eddie Jones, Grant Hill, Stackhouse, Tariq Abdul-Wahad, PJ Brown, Derek Anderson, Ruben Patterson, Brian Grant, Corliss Williamson.

Of those I could see PJ Brown being a real possibility, NO will want to max out their cap space to go after free agents. Brian Grant also, laker need capspace badly, all they have longterm and Kobe and Odom. Jones and Hill maybe? Dallas players are doubtful, they'll be over the cap anyway. Portland could also benefit from moving their players.

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
we would be a playoff team for sure if we can aqquire PJ Brown.
Would also help Hoff and Pop out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts