Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
DienerTime! That's so 4 years ago.
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys see as his ceiling? He is super talented and super young. I think he could be a Stephon Marbury type with some work on his game.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
R-Star will have fun with this, too. We all know how much he loves Lance Stephenson.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I hooked my computer up to my TV and my wireless keyboard doesn't register like half the keystrokes since I'm too far away,

......otherwise I'd tell you more about how I hate Lance Stephenson.

·
Registered
885 Posts
i used to be a doubter. however, i think he can be a very good player. he has the size (6-5) to play either pg/sg and even some sf. he is definitely the best guy on the team at creating his own shot and attacking the basket. he is also racking up assists too.
i have seen him rebound the ball and go coast to coast several times this year. i think we are starting to see the guy bird believed he could become.
he makes some dumb mistakes too but they are often aggressive mistakes from lack of actual experience. and those are the kind i can live with since i believe those will go down as time goes on.
he has been one of the few bright spots in my book this season.

·
DienerTime! That's so 4 years ago.
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i used to be a doubter. however, i think he can be a very good player. he has the size (6-5) to play either pg/sg and even some sf. he is definitely the best guy on the team at creating his own shot and attacking the basket. he is also racking up assists too.
i have seen him rebound the ball and go coast to coast several times this year. i think we are starting to see the guy bird believed he could become.
he makes some dumb mistakes too but they are often aggressive mistakes from lack of actual experience. and those are the kind i can live with since i believe those will go down as time goes on.
he has been one of the few bright spots in my book this season.
He is going to be really good eventually.

·
King George
11,475 Posts
I like him. He's not good on defense and has a pretty low IQ, but he's shooting well and damn he's quick. He has the on court personality and fire that we all wish Paul George would have...

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
He has shown flashes of brilliance and then other times he looks like he belongs in the D-League. As long as we're not paying him big money I'd like to keep him until we see if he ever reaches his potential or not.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
He definitely seems to bring energy to the team when they need it at times. His career is going to be defined by his work ethic.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
I was concerned about Lance last season, but this year so far he's shown he can be a productive 6th-8th man in the league. I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting down the line if he keeps maturing and working on his defense. Comparisons are hard because really no one plays like him at all. He's going to start posting up maybe next season, he can beat almost anyone off the dribble, and now he appears to have a solid jump shot. Plus he's a good playmaker with solid court vision. He's always had the skills, but it looks like this year he's started putting them together, at least on offense.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Lance has been a lot more consistent than Green.

Both are dumb as shit, though. Green is worse, in my opinion.
Green's definitely an idiot as well, but the man can create his own shot better than Lance. Green's a killer from the mid-range, and even though he's a ball stopper, you can go to him for buckets during some bad stretches. Plus, he can still be effective without the ball off screens and back door cuts. No one in the league can catch a poor-passed alley-oop like he can.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Green's definitely an idiot as well, but the man can create his own shot better than Lance. Green's a killer from the mid-range, and even though he's a ball stopper, you can go to him for buckets during some bad stretches. Plus, he can still be effective without the ball off screens and back door cuts. No one in the league can catch a poor-passed alley-oop like he can.
A strange day where you and I agree.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
What do you guys see as his ceiling? He is super talented and super young. I think he could be a Stephon Marbury type with some work on his game.
A multi-time All-Star with career averages of 19/8? Yes, this seems like a reasonable ceiling for Lance Stephenson.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts