Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is some of the chat Bird did on ESPN.

------------------------

Lei (Sacramento): Do you think the great teams of the 80's (Lakers and Celtics) are much better than any team today? I do, but I wanted your opinion.

Larry Bird: It is hard to compare, but I think our teams would do alright against the teams today. But it is different style of basketball these days. But I don't think anyone can compete with Shaq and Kobe, they are very talented.

------------------------

Todd (Charlotte): If you had a choice of a player to build a new team around currently, who would it be?

Larry Bird: Shaq. He is a dominating player. Nobody out there can do what he does. Overall you have to start in the middle and he is the guy.

------------------------

KINGS: How much would you bet on the kings to win the NBA champ???

Larry Bird: I love the Kings. I thought the move to get Bibby was one of the best trades in the past 6-7 years. They went from a middle of the pack team to one of the best in the league. If they stay healthy, I really like their chances

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
That's one thing about Bird & Magic that I always loved - their ability, though loyal to the Celtics & the Lakers, is always to say what their opinion is, no matter what.
Maybe that's one more reason why Bird and Magic are forever linked - 2 guys who would give their unbiased opinions, take it or leave it.

BTW, for those of you that want to see Magic enshrined in the HOF :

<b>RE-LIVE THE "MAGICAL" MOMENTS
Lakers icon Magic Johnson, who heads the Naismith Memorial Hall
of Fame Class of 2002 being inducted on<u> Friday (ESPN Classic, 7 p.m. ET),</u> has provided NBA fans with wonderful memories over his legendary career. Take a stroll down memory lane and re-live some "Magical" moments like when he posted 42 points, 15 rebounds and seven assists as a rookie in Game 6 of the 1980 NBA Finals or when he made a junior sky-hook to sink the Celtics in the 1987 NBA Finals.</b>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts