Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link

<QUOTE> I am not going to let them go very much longer (without an answer),'' Brown told the newspaper. ``I want to get things settled. My whole thing is, I don't know if I can coach and not be healthy. I don't want to think about that. I want to see if I can get better. </QUOTE>

With Larry Brown out possibly for the rest of the regular season the Bulls now have a chance to take the lead for the division.... Pistions have a tough remaining schedule (except for their last 4 or 5 games) and the Bulls can cruise through losing 1 against miami and possibly another

Pistons are 8-8 without Brown so the chances are now from slight to very possible in taking the division

all we need now is luol and hinirch to be healthy, and we got this
:banana:

good times folks... once again being division champ is possible
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
nanokooshball said:
Link

<QUOTE> I am not going to let them go very much longer (without an answer),'' Brown told the newspaper. ``I want to get things settled. My whole thing is, I don't know if I can coach and not be healthy. I don't want to think about that. I want to see if I can get better. </QUOTE>

With Larry Brown out possibly for the rest of the regular season the Bulls now have a chance to take the lead for the division.... Pistions have a tough remaining schedule (except for their last 4 or 5 games) and the Bulls can cruise through losing 1 against miami and possibly another

Pistons are 8-8 without Brown so the chances are now from slight to very possible in taking the division

all we need now is luol and hinirch to be healthy, and we got this
:banana:

good times folks... once again being division champ is possible
:cheers:
Detroit plays
- two away games against playoff teams (Miami, Chicago)
- three home games against playoff teams (Cleveland, Sacramento, Washington)
- four away games against non-playoff teams (Toronto, Orlando, Atlanta, Charlotte)
- three home games against non-playoff teams (Clippers, Orlando, Milwaukee)

That is a pretty easy schedule and it is hard to imagine the Pistons doing much worse than 7-5. That would require the Bulls to lose just one game in order to tie the Pistons. The odds are very, very long that the Bulls catch the Pistons.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only teams that the bulls play above .500 are:

Miami(1) @ away
Detroit(1) @ home
Cavs(1) @ home
Wizards(1) @ away

i say that the only one of those the bulls lose is miami
and then maybe 1 other in the season putting them @ 49 - 33 for the season

it's very possible for detoit to go 7-5 even 6-6 without brown
and if bulls win @ home against pistons then we own the tie breaker

....problem is do we want to face washington in first round or indy in the first round? JO and tinsley come back for playoffs and this is a veteran laden team that WILL do some damage....but then if we win we dont ahve to face miami till eastern conf finals

....if we face washington we get to face a team in the playoffs for the first time as well, so i say this is easier than facing indy...but we face miami in the semi-finals

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
not gonna happen, 4rth seed (where I think we will be) is far from a dissappointment, the lowest we will drop is to 6 which may give us a chance to go further.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Detroit is only 8-8 without Brown this season, so going .500 the rest of the way is certainly not unfathomable. Based on what they've done in the first 16 games without him, I would say that going .500 is expected.

After all, we all know that 4 games is plenty of time to make a certain judgement, right? :angel:

That would leave them at 49-33, which means as long as we beat them we could lose 2 other games.

It's highly unlikely, but I'm not giving up until we are mathmatically eliminated.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
The Detroit News and Free Press also reported there was a 50 percent chance Larry Brown would be back Monday.... Don't jump to any ideas yet. Remember Larry also said he was 50 50 on retiring after the brawl, he is a known over dramtic speaker to the press.

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
kamego said:
The Detroit News and Free Press also reported there was a 50 percent chance Larry Brown would be back Monday.... Don't jump to any ideas yet. Remember Larry also said he was 50 50 on retiring after the brawl, he is a known over dramtic speaker to the press.
True. He also had the press believing that he could take the Knicks' coaching job at the drop of a hat - although I think that was rampant media speculation more than his own words.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts