Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Larry Brown.

I don't call time-outs when the other team goes on 10-2 runs, because I believe in letting them play through it. Hey, they'll pull it out in crunch time. Hopefully.

I am shorthanded at Center but do I play my promising, been-working-his-a$$-off rookie? Nope. Let him sit the pine for this one. Again. Who cares if he complains and gains bad blood with the Pistons organization? You never play rookies over veterans! Even the terrible ones that can't get rebounds to save their lives.

My two guards are the top scorers on my team, so what do I do? Throw the ball into the post. I did mention that my top low-post scoring threat was hurt, did I not? Okay then. I do not try to set screens and get open shots for my high scoring guards, I try to pound it in the paint, where my PF is defense-oriented and my Center is a past-his-prime role player.

Two bench players are playing hard and with heart in the fourth quarter. Do I leave them in, reward them for their tremendous effort and energy? No, I take them out with about 3 minutes to go.

My team had 3 days to prepare for this game, yet still looked unorganized in the first quarter, as usual. I subbed as if it was the fourth game in five nights.

No I didn't get the W, why do you ask?

:upset: :upset: :upset:

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Originally posted by <b>irishfury</b>!
its called venting

they dont have the depth there to get by against a good team when one of their better frontcourt players(okur) is out. elden campbell was a serviceable center a few years back but he is over the hill and rebracca was always marginal at best. larry brown has his followers around the nba but i was never that carried away with him. as for his disdain for darko that whole situation is embarrasing, mostly to joe dumars who i believe would like to see the kid on the court.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
I'm just throwing this out there but what about Bill Lambeir I don't know much about him but he used to play for Detroit and coaches the Shock now, they actually won the championship but is he a good coach? We should try him. Did him and Joe D have a good relationship?

·
Registered
346 Posts
you gonna vent some more tonight huh?

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Not much to vent about, Detroit outplayed Dallas in just about every aspect of the game but Dirk and Nash got hot at the end.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
i saw the same thing in seattle last week. the mavs dont play any d untill about halfway through the 4th period and then they tighten it up a little. you cant make a living running and gunning with these guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts