Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to watch parts of the game, but I was at a bar where the game was on with the sound down. Sounds like Bill Walton was at least one-third, if not one-half of the commentating team, so maybe I was watching the game under the right conditions (without having to hear Walton's nonsensical blather).

Can anyone tell me if the sense was that the Pistons were having an off-night and tired from the Suns' game, or if the Blazers were truly outplaying them? From what I saw, the Blazers played very good defense and consistent offense in the first half, and in the second half, they just couldn't quite keep it going. Anyone?

I mean, are the Blazers really this good?

·
Registered
825 Posts
No, there was no talk of Detroit having an off night. I watched/listened to the entire game, and everyone was complimenting the Blazers for attacking the Pistons, not playing scared or being intimidated. It was full of crazy "Waltonism's," but a fairly called game by all.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the insight.

It's going to be interesting to see - on the few occasions that the Blazers are on national TV - how commentators react to the team. If Portland continues to put out a big effort every night, I wonder if commentators will acknowledge that it's a situation of: "you can beat this team, but only if you work as hard as they do." If the Blazers can cut down on the self-defeating mistakes, I could see a few stolen victories to get the league's attention.

Glad to hear that at least for the Blazers' first appearance on national TV this season, the commentators were calling the game fairly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts