1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Derek Anderson...9ppg 34.8% 33%three

Rafer Alston...7ppg 32.3% 28%three

David Wesley...6ppg 28.6% 32%three

....suggest these guys cant shoot like this forever.

This offense is built around role players hitting shots. Yao gives them open looks & McGrady gives them open looks but these dudes are shooting terribly.

Barry and maybe are the only players on this team that are close to being "great" shooters(and thats bit of a stretch)...the rest of these guys are either above average to good enough. Whatever offense you think this team runs the main responsibility of the role players is the same....hit shots.

Houston as a team...

41% 35.2%-from three

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Yea, this team has seriously problem making outside shots for some reason. It was very hard to watch these 'professionals' clanked wide-opened shots after shots.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I don't know what to say about the shooting of the guards? All of them, have shot below their career averages and their potential. Faith and history tells me that their shooting will improve after they get to know each other better and each other's tendacies. I see flases of consistency if thats possible, but we have to remember we started 6-11 last novemeber and early december. Then the trades and famiarlity sunk in, and we went on a tear. Even Tmac and Yao struggled from game to game early last year.
3 things to remember:
one, TMac is not batman right now because of his back, it will loosen up and stregnthen with the limited minutes JVG is giving him. (one of his smartest coaching moves this season, don't over-ride your stallion.)
two, Yao is robin, and has been carrying us all season, if his shot isn't falling then his defense and presence has been great. (i.e. give him the ball in the second half we will win more games!) its like Barkely said, "Yao need to be shootin' the ball everytime, ain't noboby else making it.." He said Yao needs 30ppg and 10rbs, for us to win while Tracy is still hurt, I AGGREEEEEEEE,
three, History tells us we will improve the shooting touch when the other aspects of our game are efficient and running smoother. We have a completey new backcourt, DWes is returning from surgery and yes its affecting his shot, and his quickness. Head is a good rookie but will make rookie mistakes... DA shows flashes of his fomer self and will get better if he takes a defined role. (Be little TMac, when Tmac is out of the game he should do what he would do, come off screens, get the ball to Yao, and go to the basket! Stop pulling up for difficult jumpers.
four, if we run, we win. We ran in Minnesota, we won> we were intense and faster in every game we won (3) all the others, slow pace, no intensity but for stretches.
lastly, DON'T WORRY, TOO EARLY TO WORRY. 3 teams will be front runners to contend with the Spurs in this conf., and none of the them are in California. (Dallas, Denver, Houston) I still say Houston/Denver are better than everybody else (other than Spurs) because nobody else in the Western Conf. plays good defense. The Hornets, Lakers, Suns, Clippers, Sonics, all will be running on fumes by the allstar break. Then the Cream will rise to the top again. Denver/ Houston, Dallas will be there because they know "who they are"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts