Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Yeah, he seems to be truly well liked by his players. I liked these quotes in particular:

"You never have to worry about him throwing you under the bus to the media," 17-year veteran Clifford Robinson said. "He'll tell you what he thinks to your face, but he's totally got your back."
"I think he gives guys the freedom to express themselves or go out there and try something," Jason Kidd said. "If it fails, he's not going to point you out and say it was your idea, not his. He'll take the blame. And I think that shows he's with us, win or lose."
"He's the perfect coach for this team. You couldn't ask for a better situation," Kidd said. "He's always prepared, he pays great attention to detail. And he's a worker, a workaholic."

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Thorn hired him for his work ethic. I think Byron Scott didn't try to prepare for games like Frank did.

·
Banned
57,945 Posts
He's good in dealing with game changes... That is why the Nets have the record they do after leading 3rd quarter. Teams behind try to change it up... don't think the Nets have to follow suit in this examples?

-Petey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.