Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watched the Kings-Lakers game today and was appalled that Kobe Bryant was able to crunch Mike Bibby with that elbow and get a no call for it. If that had happened to him, there would be people screaming blue murder.

Now I am quite aware that there were many questionable decisions in that game that could have influenced the outcome, but that one was obvious and really should have been called, especially with a ref a few feet away staring right at it. Did he swallow his whistle?

Yes it was crunch time, and yes the series was on the line for the Lakers and it was serious business, but that doesn't make it alright to pop someone right in the nose and it doesn't make it alright that the refs are too gutless to call it.

So I know that there are a lot of Laker fans here and expect to cop a bit back, but if you are an unbiased fan, watch it and decide for yourself. Personally, I think it was a disgrace

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BizzyRipsta said:
it's happened a few times in this series. the refs are allowing the lakers to beat bibby up. poor bibby! :cry:
I don't mind any sort of ref-ing as long as it's consistent. On one end you have Bibby getting smacked, then on the other you have Pollard being whistled for standing his ground. Stupid, really.

Of course then you have Shaq almost be-heading Funderburke and whilst I know it's only Funderburke, it still warrants attention.

Lets see if Shaq gets called for any 'over the back' fouls in game 7. He's averaged 2-3 instances a game that get no-calls where he just jumps all over someone's back to get the board. Not trying to diminish his dominance, as he is easily the be all and end all of the Lakers this year (and every year) but some equality would be nice.

Cheers
Brett

1 - 3 of 3 Posts