Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

· Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see this posted yet.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2390599

After instituting a "business casual" dress code and cracking down on the length of uniform shorts, the NBA has identified its next fashion crusade.

League and team sources have told ESPN.com that the NBA, starting next season, intends to ban the tights sported at various points this season by several players, including three MVP candidates: Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

· Registered
7,807 Posts
I find banishment to be a bit much but the way I feel this issue is heading, despite advocates having good reasons or not, the era of tights will soon be over.

· Registered
14,055 Posts
just idiotic

these things actually work. Since Jwill followed wade wearing them on the heat, his knee tendonitis has been down a lot. It keeps his legs warm, and he hasnt missed a game since after missing a lot earlier in the season. He says the tights have helped a lot

· Registered
2,077 Posts
I have to say i hate the look of them. Think they look girly. I do think its somewhat of a trend also. Sure, they might keep your legs warm, but come on. Its basketball. Basketball players wear shorts. What if NFL players started wearing shorts over their tights? It just doesnt look right. Get rid of em.

· Premium Member
18,791 Posts
Why should the NBA front office care about this issue (or should I say non-issue) at all?

· Burned
18,770 Posts
I see no reason to ban these.

· Registered
492 Posts
mjm1 said:
it says that players can still where them if they send the league a written request from a team doctor detailing a "medical need" for the leggings. Thats a pretty big loop hole.
there you have it, that somewhat lessens their stupidity, but their still nazis.

· Burned
18,770 Posts
mjm1 said:
it says that players can still where them if they send the league a written request from a team doctor detailing a "medical need" for the leggings. Thats a pretty big loop hole.
So what constitutes a "medical need"?

(I'm guessing Kobe has a "medical need", but rookies and scrubs do not.)

Why bother banning these if anyone can apply to wear them?

1 - 20 of 136 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.