Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Many league executives feel there are seven teams - in no particular order - with the resources to acquire Garnett, who can exercise an early termination clause in his contract in two years. The Knicks, Nets, Pistons, Lakers, Bulls, Pacers and Warriors figure to have the best chance of landing Garnett, if and when he becomes available."

-New York Daily News
Didn't know he had that clause either. Is this one of the 2 seasons? Seems he'll have some leverage.

-Petey

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
"The Timberwolves are not going to trade Kevin Garnett. Not this week, not this month, not this season. Not now and, if it were entirely up to Wolves owner Glen Taylor, not ever. “I have no plans on trading him at least through this contact,’’ Taylor said in a phone interview Tuesday. “I’d like to say through life. But I’ll just say through this contract, because then there are things you can’t always control."

"Speculation swirled in newspapers and on websites that Detroit, New York, New Jersey and Golden State, among others, had discussed potential deals for the Wolves’ franchise player. “I don’t think anybody has called us,’’ Taylor said. “I should say, I’m not aware of any actual team calling us. We’ve gotten lots of calls from media." Minneapolis Star Tribune

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
"Wolves wont trade KG" - Taylor (Team Owner)

“I have no plans on trading him at least through this contact,’’ Taylor said in a phone interview Tuesday. “I’d like to say through life. But I’ll just say through this contract, because then there are things you can’t always control.’’

Before hanging up, in case anyone missed it, Taylor said one more time: “I can tell you, definitely, we are not trading KG.’’

http://www.startribune.com/stories/511/5743033.html

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Yeah, we're definitely up there with the best that any team can offer. But like the quotes from Uptown say, this is just speculation, and the Wolves are adament that Garnett is not going anywhere. Until something is actually being discussed, there's really nothing to discuss, besides possibilities. And that can go on forever.

Reactions: Petey

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Re: "Wolves wont trade KG" - Taylor (Team Owner)

Ooops. Sorry, just saw that this was posted on another thread.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Why dont you just merge all this posts, they basically say the same thing. Anyways when they talk about resources, I guess its still the same Vince, RJ and Kristic thingy. If the owner is so adamant about trading him, you think he wont want full value for him

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
uptown4784 said:
"The Timberwolves are not going to trade Kevin Garnett. Not this week, not this month, not this season. Not now and, if it were entirely up to Wolves owner Glen Taylor, not ever. “I have no plans on trading him at least through this contact,’’ Taylor said in a phone interview Tuesday. “I’d like to say through life. But I’ll just say through this contract, because then there are things you can’t always control."
thank you

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Netted- said:
I guess the Wolves owner is going to force KG to start getting noisey.
Taylor and KG have a great relationship. If Taylor says he's not trading KG, he's not trading KG. It's really that simple. If they have any problems they'll get it worked out, that's how they work. Sorry man, but he's staying put.

·
Nets Fan
10,426 Posts
Anything is possible, if KG gets unhappy enough he will be traded but thats up to the Wolves management now. I for one hope he comes here, but as of now its nothing but rumors and speculation, a formula to get peoples attention.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
socco said:
Taylor and KG have a great relationship. If Taylor says he's not trading KG, he's not trading KG. It's really that simple. If they have any problems they'll get it worked out, that's how they work. Sorry man, but he's staying put.
Doesn't bother me. I don't think he will become a Net anyway. I do think KG wants out of Minny. Either that or McHale's head on a plate. The subtle comments are out there and rumor has it he doesn't want to push hard for a trade and get a bad rep. If Taylor is that adament about it then wither KG will get more vocal about wanting out or Taylor will fire McHale.

That's my guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts