Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
oh no! someone posted on a trade block and then no one responded! how horrible!

if you're serious about a trade offer, you'd at least send a pm or talk to someone on aim.

it's no surprise the league failed. it was rushed and had a bad setup. this is the whole reason they were trying to take their time with it. find enough interested people and then get it put together. when starting a league there really should only be two options. current rosters or fantasy draft. playing out the past season and excluding all the rookies to have them separately redrafted later is stupid. and people do actually have real lives. everyone isn't going to be able to spend hours on a sim league every day.

and come on man. you aren't the god of sim leagues. you really should try to get into a real sim league before you talk like you actually know some ****.
I would expect an ignorant response from an ignorant person.

Fantasy drafts are stupid and current rosters at the league creation would have been stupid. Players like Baron Davis and Elton Brand would have been in free agency and it would have skewed the entire league. Leagues that start up like that are jokes, you start off with rosters of about 8 players and all the rest of your players are up for grabs. It becomes an MLE crapshoot. There were enough interested people here, however, no one responded to any messages.

Get into a real sim league? I like the oxymoron there, but I regress. You seem to talk like your the King no masked cursing of sim leagues yourself buddy.

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
I would expect an ignorant response from an ignorant person.

Fantasy drafts are stupid and current rosters at the league creation would have been stupid. Players like Baron Davis and Elton Brand would have been in free agency and it would have skewed the entire league. Leagues that start up like that are jokes, you start off with rosters of about 8 players and all the rest of your players are up for grabs. It becomes an MLE crapshoot. There were enough interested people here, however, no one responded to any messages.

Get into a real sim league? I like the oxymoron there, but I regress. You seem to talk like your the King no masked cursing of sim leagues yourself buddy.
fantasy draft is much better than starting with rosters from some random point in the past and not included rookies. fantasy draft actually starts with all teams essentially on an even playing field.

having baron davis and elton brand be in free agency would have been a joke? how exactly? maybe it would be a joke with the input all the contract offers and sim free agency in a day approach but that's because that system itself is a joke.

yes a real sim league, not this crap. there is much better stuff out there that is much more realistic than this.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm in 2 very good leagues (props2Misfit) so don't talk like I don't know about good sim leagues. DTP did ****ty, but he didn't have much cooperation from the people on here either. There were only a few people who put in any effort to make the league work.

Fantasy drafts take away and realism at all. The league starts rough and it's almost impossible to track player movement. It also ruins trading because everyone somewhat has rosters where they want it.

Brand and Davis would have been free agents and there would have only been a few teams under the cap to sign him. There were already cases of players signed to MLE who should have had regular cap numbers, it skews the league. Free Agency in a day? There was barely anyone to pick, free agencies before the season aren't ****.

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
I'm in 2 very good leagues (props2Misfit) so don't talk like I don't know about good sim leagues. DTP did ****ty, but he didn't have much cooperation from the people on here either. There were only a few people who put in any effort to make the league work.

Fantasy drafts take away and realism at all. The league starts rough and it's almost impossible to track player movement. It also ruins trading because everyone somewhat has rosters where they want it.
fantasy drafts take away immediate realism as far as continuity of nba rosters is concerned but other than that, there is little difference than starting with actual rosters. sim leagues inevitably will have more trades than real life but the number of trades going on here was ridiculous and unnecessary. and from the way you're talking, you'd like for there to have been more. if every team is going to trade away at least half of their roster each season, can you really complain about a fantasy draft taking away realism? it's not like that situation is remotely similar to the actual nba.

Brand and Davis would have been free agents and there would have only been a few teams under the cap to sign him. There were already cases of players signed to MLE who should have had regular cap numbers, it skews the league.
this seems to work just fine in the nba.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I agree what your saying, however, like I said, at least when you start with original rosters, you are able to track player movement a little bit. When you start with a fantasy draft, you have to immediately learn 30 new teams, whereas with rosters, you basically no what your working with. It's the same way if you enter a league after it's 3 or 4 seasons in without you being in it, it just doesn't feel right.

The difference is that players who are free agents don't have any bird rights with any team, therefore, no team can re-sign them. Any league that started in the past 2 months starts with players like Iggy, Brand, Gibson, Davis, etc. as free agents because that's what they technically were. Their original team can't go over the salary cap to sign them because of no birds and there aren't any teams with any cap space, so they usually just get signed to MLEs. That's not realistic at all, is it?

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Why do you want him to suck your daughter so bad?
:laugh: Sloth ftw. You know naturally I disagree with Sloth and Rocketeer a lot but thank god they are giving this douchebag the business.

DTP I don't know what you want us to do. I can't devote my whole life to this. I play basketball, I work, I hangout with friends and fine females, I wasn't expecting to do this 24 hours a day. You were probably just mad you couldn't stack your team like you thought you were gonna do. Thanks for the effort I guess.

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
The difference is that players who are free agents don't have any bird rights with any team, therefore, no team can re-sign them. Any league that started in the past 2 months starts with players like Iggy, Brand, Gibson, Davis, etc. as free agents because that's what they technically were. Their original team can't go over the salary cap to sign them because of no birds and there aren't any teams with any cap space, so they usually just get signed to MLEs. That's not realistic at all, is it?
then that is a problem with how the league is setup and if you really wanted to still use that setup, the real solution would probably be to wait until free agency is over before starting the league. and really, that's pretty much what the people here were doing until this league was rushed together.

·
Premium Member
19,652 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The league did not fold, you did. It's absolutely laughable to give up after three weeks. There was enough activity behind the scenes like it should be. I'm with Blue Magic on this one, GTFO. Thanks for wasting our time.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Bull****. I crown myself Champion of the shortest ever sim league.

I knew these rookies didn't have any backbone. And like Blue Magic said setting 'chats' for 10.30 on a saturday night is just absurd, I like many others have a life.

Krenzel your a ****in moron, and I feel less intelligient every post of yours I read. I have never met a bigger homer, you have slurped on DTP since this started and you have a constant 2-inch hardon over your team. I am happy I beat you (yeahhh *****) ... The only positive from this is that you will leave this site, and that alone has put a smile on my face.

Now get the **** outta here...

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Well that was quick, after all the **** he talked about the KVBL and how it was run - at least I stuck through 2 full seasons of running it, right?

Nice try though...

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.