Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So much for that: "he's improving theory"

Last 6-7 games his assist average went down from 6 to only 4

He has been shooting more than anybody in the league, averaging almost 25 shot attempts per game and making only about 38%.

He had a few good games right after the trade ( Ricky Davis one ).
Since those good games he's been deteriorating rapidly.

If you want to extend this further look at his last dozen or so games.

6 - 18

12 - 26

5 - 19

14 - 27

7 - 25

10 - 25

12 - 28

8 - 21

11 - 26

6 - 20

7 - 19

10 - 23

6 - 17

6 - 19

This is absolutely attrocious. It is unbelievable that any coach would let such a pathetic ball hog and a guy who can't shoot, put up so many shots every game. This is worse than Iverson.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>therealdeal</b>!
So much for that: "he's improving theory"

Last 6-7 games his assist average went down from 6 to only 4

He has been shooting more than anybody in the league, averaging almost 25 shot attempts per game and making only about 38%.

He had a few good games right after the trade ( Ricky Davis one ).
Since those good games he's been deteriorating rapidly.

If you want to extend this further look at his last dozen or so games.

6 - 18

12 - 26

5 - 19

14 - 27

7 - 25

10 - 25

12 - 28

8 - 21

11 - 26

6 - 20

7 - 19

10 - 23

6 - 17

6 - 19

This is absolutely attrocious. It is unbelievable that any coach would let such a pathetic ball hog and a guy who can't shoot, put up so many shots every game. This is worse than Iverson.
He got moved to SG? -_-;.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, great idea.

Move a guy who can't shoot to a SHOOTING guard position.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
i hate how u show up right after he has 1 bad game...he is a rookie...19 years old and is a star player already in the league ...20 6 and 6 is good for a vceteran, but is amazing for a 19 year old rookie..

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't understand why people always say that I show up after he's had ONE bad game.

I just showed you the last 6-7 weeks of games worth.

He's had ONE good game in that period. Every game he plays is a BAD GAME

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Why do you start a new thread every time he has a game that is not to your liking is my question. It has become tedious.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a different subject.

People insisted not only that he would improve, but that he improves with each game and has already matured so much this season.

He actually played better his first couple of games, and was having best games after the Ricky Davis trade.

Sice then he's been getting worse and worse, they even admitted he didn't know how to play point , so they moved him to a shooting guard position. The last 14 games I listed there was one good game. So this is not just about tonight's game.

If this is the improvement people are talking about, at this rate by his 5th year in the league he'll be shooting 60 times per game and making 9 of those.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Where were ya when Brony dropped 38 and then 32? Hey therealdeal, you better get used to him doing that often, because he is the real deal, therealdeal.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I don't believe anyone said that he didn't know how to play the point. The main reason that he was moved to the 2 is because he was showing fatique in the forth quarter (after consistently playing 40+ minutes) and they felt that relieving him of having to bring the ball up would enable him to be fresher for the ends of games.

Personally I think that he is a descent shooter however he still has to learn how to work on his shot selection. I don't think that there were 13 bad games during the time period in question however which is what you try to imply. He had a few bad games some okay games and some good games. But what has been most important is that the Cavaliers have been playing their best basketball. To imply that LeBron was not a major part of that is to be inaccurate almost to the point of lying.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
therealdeal has a point, those shooting lines dont lie. I dont think scoring will be Lebrons niche, but right now they are trying to make him into a scorer when hes supposed to be a passer and playmaker. I do think those percentages will get better with time though.

for Lebron, I think THIS YEAR he could average 17 points, 7 asts and 7 rebounds on a decent shooting percentage if he focused on the all around game and picked his spots to score. It seems like they are trying to make him carry the scoring load though, so whatever.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This streak of Cavs playing good ball started when Lebron got injured, missed 3-4 games and Boozer was able to take a leading role.

So, as I stated before they are playing better despite Lebron, not because of him.

Dropping 38 ans 32 means very little at this point. When a coach lets you shoot as much as you want ( Lebron seems to be fine with shooting 25 times most games ) you should be dropping 35 every game. It's not like competition is much to write home about.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!

I dont think scoring will be Lebrons niche
You don't come into the NBA straight out of high school and put up multiple 30-point games if scoring's not your niche.

I don't "only scoring" will be his niche, but he's definitely got all the makings of a prime scorer in his career.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!
You don't come into the NBA straight out of high school and put up multiple 30-point games if scoring's not your niche.

I don't "only scoring" will be his niche, but he's definitely got all the makings of a prime scorer in his career.
Do you think scoring is KGs niche?

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Francis is not a good passer. He can't play PG. He can't shoot. He can't play SG. He should play small forward.

Lebron is the same as Francis. any thought?

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ballscientist</b>!
Francis is not a good passer. He can't play PG. He can't shoot. He can't play SG. He should play small forward.

I got a thought ... all the people bashing Lebron should get a life. The kid is 18 yrs old. What he is doing at 18 yrs old is nothing short of amazing.

Everyone knew he wasnt a very good shooter yet. And he has exceeded almost everyone's expectations and now people want more.

He's got good mechanics on his shot and he is athletically up there with the best in the league. He is obviously going to improve drastically over the next couple years.

Do I care what he did over the last 7 games? No. I care about what I have seen him do. No one is expecting him to lead Cleveland to a championship this year.

Get off his back .. the Lebron hating is becoming incredibly annoying and lame.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
I got a thought ... all the people bashing Lebron should get a life. The kid is 18 yrs old. What he is doing at 18 yrs old is nothing short of amazing.

That is a good point, but it's really both ways: The guy is given a little too much credit at times, but he is also not given enough at times.

So basically, for every person that bashes LeBron, another is saying that he is great.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!

That is a good point, but it's really both ways: The guy is given a little too much credit at times, but he is also not given enough at times.

So basically, for every person that bashes LeBron, another is saying that he is great.

Well I think 21-6-6 straight out of HS is great. He'll learn to get better shots, to shoot better, to make better decisions, to limit the turnovers ... but you cant teach all the other things he can do.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ballscientist</b>!

I swear, you come up with the most ridiculous posts ever..
Have you EVER thought that Francis cant play SF because of his height? :rolleyes:
He'd get posted up and taken advantage of just about every SF he'd be matched up against
at least therealdeal has some sort of logic in his posts.. But in your case :no:

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!

Exactly. I have "bashed" Lebron at times, I have praised him at times. I judge him based on what I see, I dont only see the good in him like some people, and I dont only see the bad in him like some people.

if a guy whos not even a top 10 player in the league cant be criticized without the person being called a hater, thats ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts