Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far, I'd say the likely candidates are LeBron, Durant and Melo. I think Kobe's playing at an MVP level but the Lakers' record won't help him right now. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
My top 5:

1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Tim Duncan
5. Zach Randolph

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
I'd say LeBron and KD are definitely the front runners followed by guys like Kobe, Randolph, CP3 etc.

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
To win it, LeBron will have to play much more exceptionally than he's playing right now. He's been content to hold back until he has to take over late in games, and the stats have reflected that. Guys like Greg Monroe and Larry Sanders have beaten him to a triple double this year, not to mention Durant and Bryant. Voter fatigue will be a factor. If the Heat have a far better record than the other top candidate, he may not need the transcendent stats, though.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
It might be Durant's year. They've been trying to get him one for a minute now but LeBron has been special these past few years.

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
Right now it's Melo. This is just as much a story award as it is a production one. He has everything going for him: 1) Redemption. 2) Surprising record. 3) Missing his co-star. 4) Leading the NY revival. 5) Rounding out his game.

·
Will of Chilltown
3,722 Posts
It might be Durant's year. They've been trying to get him one for a minute now but LeBron has been special these past few years.
Right now it's Melo. This is just as much a story award as it is a production one. He has everything going for him: 1) Redemption. 2) Surprising record. 3) Missing his co-star. 4) Leading the NY revival. 5) Rounding out his game.
No.

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
Dr., the quicker you realize LeBron is a terrible choke artist who only won a ring because Spo got it for him and Durant took it easy because he felt bad about getting a ring before The Chosen One, the quicker you'll stop embarrassing yourself here and in life.

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
Just looked at the stats (should've done that before posting the first time). Durant's are clearly better than Melo's, but as we saw with Rose, the narrative often wins out. I'd personally give it to Kevin over Melo right now.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Anyone not from Memphis going to mention Zach Randolph or does he not get consideration because he's not much better than Gasol or Gay?

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
The michael jordan rule is in effect for me. Lebron is the best player in the league and he is on the best team. He wins it every year until that fact changes

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
Anyone not from Memphis going to mention Zach Randolph or does he not get consideration because he's not much better than Gasol or Gay?
He's definitely better than Gay, but Gasol has been huge for them, too. Also Conley is playing a big role. If you had to pick an MVP candidate out of that bunch, would have to be ZBo, I'd assume. He hasn't completely separated himself enough for it not to be forced, though, I'd think.

·
Will of Chilltown
3,722 Posts
The michael jordan rule is in effect for me. Lebron is the best player in the league and he is on the best team. He wins it every year until that fact changes
This.

Nobody in the league is more Valuable to their team that what Lebron is to his team. Nobody.

/Thread

·
Registered
872 Posts
Kevin Durant or Carmelo Anthony. Who's your mvp right now?

Alot of people and some media believe melo is the mvp because nobody expected the knicks to be number 1 seeded in the eastern conference and melo is playing like a superstar and all other stuff but what about durant? sure the knicks are 16-5 but the thunder are 18-4 and durant is playing out of his mind. And look at stats durant is leading in mostly every category over melo in points, assist, steals, rebounds, blocks, fg, freethrows. And people forgot, not many thought the thunder would still be this very good after harden was traded to the rockets.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts