Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah well.

I just watched a highlight of his amazing plays and so on and what I hear a lot is "Oh , he's only good because he is playing against a bunch of 6 foot high school kids"..

Well uhhh.. duhhh!

But I when I was watching his game, I saw a lot of skill and talent. He was being double teamed from behind the arch and could drill 3s even while being closely gaurded.. Another game I watched of him after he was suspended.. He shot 3's like they were nothing and dunked, stole, blocked, etc...the works..

Why do people think he'll just be avg.

Even if he's avg. he'll be better than most players currently in the league..

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
It's just the trend right now. Honestly, though, it's getting out of hand. I love PTI, but Wilbon doesn't seem to know much about the draft. When people start saying Wade should be picked ahead of him, that's when it's gotten really out of hand. But, he'll be taken number 1 because the people actually picking these guys know what the hell they're doing, they aren't just going to pick the flavor of the week.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Re: hey titus fawk

Originally posted by <b>grizzoistight</b>!
give me your comparison to lebron james
maybe lebron james = poor mans rod grizzard?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Why not a poor man's Lenny Cooke? My freakin' goodness.

Has Rod Grizzard got anything more than per diem from the NBA?

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
i think the wizards gave him a tshirt and a

practice jersey to keep
and then the hawks let him have a couple headbands??:sigh:

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Re: i think the wizards gave him a tshirt and a

Originally posted by <b>grizzoistight</b>!
practice jersey to keep
and then the hawks let him have a couple headbands??:sigh:
The Bulls gave him his own custom jersey.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
The only people trash is LeBron is because they think theyll look so great if he is an average player When every1 thinks hell be a superstand and is no1 will remember who siad he wont be any good but if he is a huge bust every1 will know exactly who predicted it

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hope my Nuggets get #1 and draft Lebron.

My only concern with Lebron is that his "entourage" and parents don't seem to present the most stable foundation. I think he'll do okay in the league but there have been lots of talented, performing pro athletes who have let distractions hold their potential back.

·
Registered
118 Posts
n00b:

I am not concerned that any part of LeBron's game will not become awesome.

But your point about his "crew" is something to look at. I think he might forget about them after awhile in some far away city. Plus, he will have more NBA players to model his outlook after and receive guidance from his agents, etc. He will most likely grow up in a matter of time.

If you listen to LeBron talk or describe his future he has a sense of confidence, as if he is smiling inside just waiting to silence the critics. He seems very sure of what he is doing without being cocky and bragging about himself.

I'm going to make some people mad with this but it's not a Carmelo attack, just an easy comparison:

When LeBron was asked about Carmelo, he gave him his props and even talked about the parts of his game that he likes. He talked about the NCAA title as well.

When Carmelo was asked about LeBron on the same radio station he came right out and started saying that he was probably better now and knocking on LeBron for picking on high school players (what do you want him to do? sit on the bench).

The tone of LeBron just seems like his head is staying more focused; he is calm and waiting to prove himself on the court. This mental edge is really not noticed by many that only see ESPN's selected (or biased) quotes.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tomonia2020</b>!
n00b:

I am not concerned that any part of LeBron's game will not become awesome.

But your point about his "crew" is something to look at. I think he might forget about them after awhile in some far away city. Plus, he will have more NBA players to model his outlook after and receive guidance from his agents, etc. He will most likely grow up in a matter of time.

If you listen to LeBron talk or describe his future he has a sense of confidence, as if he is smiling inside just waiting to silence the critics. He seems very sure of what he is doing without being cocky and bragging about himself.

I'm going to make some people mad with this but it's not a Carmelo attack, just an easy comparison:

When LeBron was asked about Carmelo, he gave him his props and even talked about the parts of his game that he likes. He talked about the NCAA title as well.

When Carmelo was asked about LeBron on the same radio station he came right out and started saying that he was probably better now and knocking on LeBron for picking on high school players (what do you want him to do? sit on the bench).

The tone of LeBron just seems like his head is staying more focused; he is calm and waiting to prove himself on the court. This mental edge is really not noticed by many that only see ESPN's selected (or biased) quotes.
:yes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts