Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible Lebron can play the PG spot? He has mad passing skills, but will probably end up around the area of 6'9. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
You should never play a position on offense that you cannot guard on defense. It remains to be seen whether or not he can guard those little fast guys.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If James matures, grows a bit, improves the consistnecy of his outside shot, and tries to play solid defense, he could be the standard bearer for the new era of small forward. Trying to create new Magic Johnson's at every turn is a disservice to players natural skills and positions. If someone comes along again who can really be a 6'9" point, and that is his best position, the scouts will be all over it, don't you worry.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
He may grow to be 6'9 but I think he could play point in the league he's much more a passer than a scorer, what makes him unusual is that he's a passer who can shoot really well unlike JKidd and Magic who weren't natural shooters, If this kid matures he'll be similar to Kobe but with more passing ability, he could be a double digit assist guy, he's not really a go for the throat scorer that Jordan,Kobe,and TMac are. This kids a great athlete who could possibly guard small point guards, I agree though you should only play the position you can guard defensively. It takes alot more than just being 6'9 playing point to be the next MAGIC he had smarts ,flair, intensity and knowledge of the game, all those things and more have not been seen since in a 6'9 pg but who knows James could be some of that in a different way being a great athlete.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
He could probably play the point, but again, coming out of HS to play the point isn't an easy task. He will have to have a great work ethic...

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by Malakian
Doesn't Carmelo Anthony play a little at the point?
He had to do a lil of everything a Oak Hill last year. They didnt have one of their usualdominant squads that they usually have. Anyway James being 6' 9 is a strng possibility. I just read an article and if I find the post I will post it about him getting his right wrist checked on and the Dr. was like you were just here 3 weeks ago and have grown another half inch. He is now 6' 7 3/8ths and only just turned 17:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts