Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just kidding, but I doubt he'll be a star straight away. And he'll never be as good as Kobe. Because Kobe kicks major as$!

Reactions: GNG

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
You are right about Kobe, I think that James will do well in the league. I am not feelign it that he will be a superstar but I could be COMPLETELY wrong. I think he might be a Cuttino Mobley type player, not the way he plays but the level of talent. Mind you he could quite possibly be the best high schooler ever so he may be a star.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I dont think he'll be as good as Kobe in his first year(9.8 ppg or somethin like that). But he will surpass Kobe eventually.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Kobe got like 7.6 ppg, in like 26 minutes or something.

1 7.6
2 15.6
3 19.9
4 22.5
5 28.5
6 25.8

Those may not be exactly but those are what they are around.

That would suck if James injured himself badly and couldn't playbball anymore.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
I need to see him play before I really know how good he really is. Like me Like others have no clue how good he is. I bet most people never seen him played. They just think he is good on how others say he is.

What if he is not that great as advertised, adn he just use this media attention to help his ego? it is a possiblity.

Just wait and see how he play before making him to be like Kobe or T-mac or KG. He could very be Keolong Young or Diop.

I am not convince yet.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hehehe, I remember when Felipe Lopez was being called the next NBA megastar when he was in high school. Let's wait til he gets to the NBA, shall we?

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Again, I just love it. I wonder how many people actually <b>seen him play</b>??????? I bet only like a very small amount of posters actually seen him play. I am sorry, I just can not see how he is that good without seeing him play. I think he is making this ploy to show he is all that. Before I can see him as the next superstar, I need to see him play. He needs to go against young superstars like Pierce, Kobe, and such. He needs to go against veterns like Malone, Miller, and such. He needs to aginst big men like Shaq, Duncan, and such. He needs to defend guards like Kidd, Bibby, and such. He just needs to prove me he can play before he become a superstar. If he goes to college a year or two, he needs to prove to play on a team aginst powerhouses like Kansas, Duke, UNC, UCLA or such. He just needs to proove it to me before I label him a superstar.

Reactions: GNG

·
Registered
553 Posts
Originally posted by kansasalumn
Again, I just love it. I wonder how many people actually <b>seen him play</b>??????? I bet only like a very small amount of posters actually seen him play. I am sorry, I just can not see how he is that good without seeing him play. I think he is making this ploy to show he is all that. Before I can see him as the next superstar, I need to see him play. He needs to go against young superstars like Pierce, Kobe, and such. He needs to go against veterns like Malone, Miller, and such. He needs to aginst big men like Shaq, Duncan, and such. He needs to defend guards like Kidd, Bibby, and such. He just needs to prove me he can play before he become a superstar. If he goes to college a year or two, he needs to prove to play on a team aginst powerhouses like Kansas, Duke, UNC, UCLA or such. He just needs to proove it to me before I label him a superstar.
Great post and good points that are well taken. All too often people are labelled as a superstar before actually earning the right

·
Registered
553 Posts
Originally posted by Shaqs big toe

Great post and good points that are well taken. All too often people are labelled as a superstar before actually earning the right
Also, I saw him play (via video of course) the 2002 Akron St Vincent/St Mary State Finals game.

He looked great but again, he was just playing against kids, so...

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BEEZ</b>!
I guess not huh
BEEZ you are the man at recalling threads. :laugh: :laugh:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts