41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
lol @this

·
#1 Stromile Swift Fan
4,327 Posts
While some of these predictions were way off and some are just terrible...I hate when people bump these kind of threads many years later with the benefit of hindsight as if you knew any better at the time...I would like to see what your predictions were of the draft class in 2003 and see what you thought as well. Why don't you make your predictions for this year's rookie class and then let's bump it 12 years later?

It's like the Kobe vs. T-mac debate....Kobe fans love to say "SEE I TOLD YOU SO, LOOK AT KOBE NOW WHERE IS T-MAC NOW"...but the thing is those debates were about who was the better player at the time...not who would have a better long term career.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
I hate when people bump these kind of threads many years later with the benefit of hindsight
I love it! What are the benefits of being a longtime member of a message board like this if not to make fun of your old predictions that were wrong and to revel in your predictions that were right? It's all in good fun. Why not?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I hate when people bump these kind of threads many years later with the benefit of hindsight as if you knew any better at the time...I would like to see what your predictions were of the draft class in 2003 and see what you thought as well. Why don't you make your predictions for this year's rookie class and then let's bump it 12 years later?
Because it's cool to look at what people thought 10-12 years ago. Not bashing them, but it's just bringing it back to attention after all these years.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
and yet has he not been something of a disappointment? seemingly destined like Wilt to be that guy who because we perceive him as otherworldly and beyond his contemporaries in terms of talent level will never achieve quite enough to satisfy our (perhaps disproportionate) expectations of him?

decades from now will there be people arguing about how he couldn't beat the Warriors even though he had players x, y, and z by his side - passionately defended by yet other posters trying to contextualize the fact that those guys were injured or too old or too young - someone one will mention 17 ppg, another person will bring up how he's a lucky Ray Allen shot away from having another L in his finals series record or how the 'not three not four' Heat only won "oh yeah, just two" etc

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
and yet has he not been something of a disappointment? seemingly destined like Wilt to be that guy who because we perceive him as otherworldly and beyond his contemporaries in terms of talent level will never achieve quite enough to satisfy our (perhaps disproportionate) expectations of him?

decades from now will there be people arguing about how he couldn't beat the Warriors even though he had players x, y, and z by his side - passionately defended by yet other posters trying to contextualize the fact that those guys were injured or too old or too young - someone one will mention 17 ppg, another person will bring up how he's a lucky Ray Allen shot away from having another L in his finals series record or how the 'not three not four' Heat only won "oh yeah, just two" etc
I think that that debate just shifted a hair.

Reactions: Fergus and Voyaging

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
I love this thread!

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
I think that that debate just shifted a hair.
nah some future Stephen A will still look at him just like this gen's Stephen A looked at the Logo and without context (Bill Russell and friends in the Logo's case) shit all over his finals record

and just like the Wilt comparison I'm still hearing/reading haters talking about his lack of killer/mamba instinct and the whole why haven't we seen more of this until now hot takes etc

·
Registered
177 Posts
nah some future Stephen A will still look at him just like this gen's Stephen A looked at the Logo and without context (Bill Russell and friends in the Logo's case) shit all over his finals record

and just like the Wilt comparison I'm still hearing/reading haters talking about his lack of killer/mamba instinct and the whole why haven't we seen more of this until now hot takes etc
Luckily nobody takes SAS or people who use the "Finals Record" argument seriously. Only to the haters and the delusional has LeBron been a disappointment, considering he's inarguably top 4 of all time, arguably top 2 of all time, and in the discussion for GOAT.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts