Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is everybody calling him the next Jordan? I have seen him he will be good but is to early to tell.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Originally posted by mike
Why is everybody calling him the next Jordan? I have seen him he will be good but is to early to tell.
I agree.. I dont know why people expect him to rip it up right away, its gonna take a few years to get accustomed to the NBA

·
Registered
636 Posts
First of all I've never seen the guy play I can only read what people who have seen him play write. For the amount of hype, articles and fame this guy has gotten he must have done something very very very well. Not every normal guy gets the cover of SI and SLAM. And that's just it, the dude isn't normal. The shoe companies are fighting over him, colleges aren't recruiting him and nba personal are drooling over him. Normally I don't put too much emphasis on what different sports writers and recruiting gurus say becuase they are biased but in this case they all say the same thing: Lebron is the best HS product ever and will be a star in the league (barring injury). 10 / 10 gurus can't be wrong. There has never been such a can't miss, can't miss product. Also poeple are saying that his game is much more like Magic's because of his incredible handle, passing and court awareness. IMO this guy will be a stud as long as all the pressure doesn't get to his head.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hate Kobe but remember, he was supposedly beating Jerry Stackhouse by 40 points. He would be on magazine covers if he came out today. James also has a poor work ethic. He will not just come in and be great. He is 3-5 years away, saying he does turn out. I also saw Kobe in HS and he did a HELL of alot more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts