Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LeBron James plans to watch the NBA's dunk contest -- for now.

James was not among the four players the league announced Tuesday will take part in the event during All-Star weekend in Los Angeles. But the Cleveland Cavaliers' star rookie has been hinting at a possible surprise appearance.

Citing a sprained right ankle that sidelined him for three games, James recently turned down the NBA's invitation to be in the dunk contest. James could reconsider, however.

"I don't know," he said. "I'll think about it. There are a lot of people who want me to do it."

If James does decide to participate, the league would probably welcome him.

Read more...

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
He should do it if he's healthy enough to. He would bring a lot more attention to the event.

And I think he would suprise a lot of people. Because I don't think he's percieved as that high of a riser by the casual fan...there are plenty of people on these boards who don't think Lebron is good enough to be in the dunk contest...which is patently ridiculous...

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
James in the contest will definitely be real cool. He gets so high during games, it'd be interesting what he is able to pull off in a dunk contest where he would go all out (unlike the HS one).

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
LeBron gets higher than anyone in the league. People complain about LeBron's dunks like they actually have not watched him. LeBron has four great game dunks this season - ally oop reverse pump, rock the ball reverse, pump and hold reverse, one foot windmil. Please show me the "better" game dunks. I think people often live on myths on this site. They dont actually see everything, but they act like they do. Sometimes I wonder how many people actually watch the games.

LeBron should be announced during the introductions. Maybe they should add Mason as well. Or would the league get bashed for exploiting LeBron?

I hope LeBron meant it when he said he could win it. JRich practices many crazy dunks, so LeBron better have some up his sleeve.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tpb2</b>!
LeBron gets higher than anyone in the league. People complain about LeBron's dunks like they actually have not watched him. LeBron has four great game dunks this season - ally oop reverse pump, rock the ball reverse, pump and hold reverse, one foot windmil. Please show me the "better" game dunks. I think people often live on myths on this site. They dont actually see everything, but they act like they do. Sometimes I wonder how many people actually watch the games.

LeBron should be announced during the introductions. Maybe they should add Mason as well. Or would the league get bashed for exploiting LeBron?

I hope LeBron meant it when he said he could win it. JRich practices many crazy dunks, so LeBron better have some up his sleeve.
:yes:

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I hope he's not invited, and doesn't do it (this year). I am more concerned about this being his rookie year (fatigue, injury, emotional energy), and there is still a long way to go in the season, and we have a legitimate chance at the playoffs.

Save your energy LeBron, don't risk an injury, enjoy the festivities and aim for the dunk contest next year after you've experienced and gotten through this year, and propelled us to the playoffs.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mongolmike</b>!
I hope he's not invited, and doesn't do it (this year). I am more concerned about this being his rookie year (fatigue, injury, emotional energy), and there is still a long way to go in the season, and we have a legitimate chance at the playoffs.

Save your energy LeBron, don't risk an injury, enjoy the festivities and aim for the dunk contest next year after you've experienced and gotten through this year, and propelled us to the playoffs.
But in the end, this could be a part of LeBron's legacy, which is really what a player is out to make (yes, winning is a big part of the legacy too). It wont affect his energy that much. Plus, he does great dunks before the Cavs games anyway. I dont think he has a better chance to injure himself just because it's a contest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts