Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think this guy is ever gonna get it. He just threw up an ill-advised three not even trying to get to the basket, almost costing the Cavs the game as they blow a 17 pt lead....looks like Donyell Marshall has bailed him out for now...I don't even care if the Cavs win, this guy is a joker. How many times am I gonna see this guy bail out the D by throwing up threes...defenses should thank him for being so retarded. I'll take someone like Kobe with a mid-range game any day of the week.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
I hate when people say cost a game. The Cavs wouldnt BE in the game if it wasnt for the 19 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists as well as the constant pressure Lebron puts on defenders which opens up his teammates

sounds like a bad play down the stretch. It Happens. Dude is 20 years old and already one of the best players in the league. Still going to make some mistakes though

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
it was his shot to take, without lebron the cavs would be winless and be looking at the lottery, instead they are hoping to compete, every nba player takes an ill advised shot once in a while, he's human, but imo he does have good shot selection for a superstar....

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, looks like they're gonna win. The point is he doesn't know how to utilize his strenghts in the proper situations and doesn't seem to really care on getting any better at this because he keeps doing the same dumb things. His mental game is not improving like a young player's should.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Mike and Kobe weren't even close to being as good as he is at 20. Yes it was an ill-advised shot. Give him time. I wouldn't start the hating just yet.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
One on One said:
I don't think this guy is ever gonna get it. He just threw up an ill-advised three not even trying to get to the basket, almost costing the Cavs the game as they blow a 17 pt lead....looks like Donyell Marshall has bailed him out for now...I don't even care if the Cavs win, this guy is a joker. How many times am I gonna see this guy bail out the D by throwing up threes...defenses should thank him for being so retarded. I'll take someone like Kobe with a mid-range game any day of the week.
He was top 5 in the NBA in points in the paint last year. This year he is going to the basket maybe even more. He's posting up more. You don't know what you're talking about. The shot clock was at 6 when he got it in the corner, it was a bail out shot for the Cavs, after a poorly run play beforehand.

Meaaaanwhile, the Cavs owned the Magic for 90 percent of the game, and are going to win it in overtime from the looks of it, with relative ease.

Kobe has been in the league for how many years? And he's still throwing up bailout shots. He settled for plenty of bricks against the Sixers the other night.

Where does one find the points in the paint stat by the way? I only get to see it on TV when they bring it up.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Also, when you're shooting 42 percent from 3, it's hardly a bad shot.
And when you are shooting at 50 percent overall, your shot selection is really doing okay.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
took you a bit to get here future :)

his 3pt% doesn't make that a good shot...not a good shot from anyone and i see it way too much from lebron.

·
Registered
31 Posts
H.O.V.A. said:
Mike and Kobe weren't even close to being as good as he is at 20. Yes it was an ill-advised shot. Give him time. I wouldn't start the hating just yet.
I don't know about that. Kobe averaged 20 points, 5 boards, 4 assists, 1.5 steals and a block at 20 playing with Rice and Shaq. James averages 27, 4, 4, 1.3 and .8. Jordan was in college so its hard to gauge but did end up averaging 28 as a 21 year old rookie.

·
Registered
39 Posts
YO where do u guys get that Lebron is 20 from???

His birthday is Dec 30, 1984, so he is 21 right now , and will be 22 in a month and a half.
Stop decreasin his age to make him look better then he is.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Banks91 said:
YO where do u guys get that Lebron is 20 from???

His birthday is Dec 30, 1984, so he is 21 right now , and will be 22 in a month and a half.
Stop decreasin his age to make him look better then he is.
No, not really...go to math class.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
One on One said:
took you a bit to get here future :)

his 3pt% doesn't make that a good shot...not a good shot from anyone and i see it way too much from lebron.
Way too much? He shoots a shot like that maybe 5 times a game, hits 2 or 3 depending on how hot he is, and that's the end of it. He goes to the basket a lot. Remember also that he had played the entire second half at that point and had been going to the hole nearly everytime he got it. Look at his free throw attempts. He got to the line 11 times.

You're not seeing what's there, you're seeing what you want to see.

Not that I really care, I just wanted to show people who might read this thread that what you say happened and what actually happened, were in slight conflict. Also I don't really get what the thread title has to do with content of the thread. I didn't realize Lebron was hyped as a brilliant 3 point marksmen. If anything his shooting is underrated. When he squares up, he's plenty deadly.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
One on One said:
The Cleveland coaching staff dropped an egg by not calling a play. No players were moving off-the-ball and that moment had a bad similarity to when Silas used to coach the team and (standing around watching James in the clutch). He probably didn't want to take that shot. Notice when Marshall hit a 3-pointer to send the game to OT, we actually decided to call a play. As I said in the game thread, Cleveland should have called a play for James too. In the end, a W is a W but you can't be that predictable down the stretch.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
One on One said:
No, not really...go to math class.
pwned.

Incidentally, Lebron became the fastest to 4,000 points in this game. Beating out Kobe. Those records will probably stand for awhile now that the age limit is in place.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So are you saying that Lebron taking a three-point shot (without even attempting a dribble I believe) from the corner with a man in his face with six seconds on the shot clock, down by 1, with what 20 seconds to go...is a good shot? I just want to see if that's what you are saying. I would disagree if that's what you are saying.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
One on One said:
So are you saying that Lebron taking a three-point shot (without even attempting a dribble I believe) from the corner with a man in his face with six seconds on the shot clock, down by 1, with what 20 seconds to go...is a good shot? I just want to see if that's what you are saying. I would disagree if that's what you are saying.
The defense was just standing there. If they had cleared out, then yes, a 3-pointer like that is an embarassingly awful shot. But if James had drove, where would he have gone? The lane was clogged. If your teammates don't clear out and don't move, you would simply drive the ball into defenders already standing there.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
One on One said:
Man you are one hater: There were only 6 seconds on the clock when the ball was inbounded and he got the ball in a bad spot. Get you're facts straight - it's not the shot he wanted it was the one he had to shoot in desperation becuase of the situation he was

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
James certainly wasn't double-teamed or in an awful position where he had nowhere to go so yes I think there were much better options. Six seconds is 25% of the shot clock, quite a bit of time to try to make something happen. Considering he was in the corner, depending on the position of the D, you still do have time to swing the ball if you have to so why didn't he explore his options?? This is what I don't like about him...he seems resigned to one particular option pretty often.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts