Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· VAUDEVILLE VILLAIN
8,816 Posts
Gotham2krazy said:
word. he's nothing special, he hasn't proved his value.
your probably being sarcastic so i'll tell you the reason i feel he shouldnt get it. it is because i think there are better players who have done more for their teams. like dirk nowitzki for example. its not always about a beefy stat line. if lebron "deserves" it than jason kidd or even vince carter deserves it. god knows theyve helped the nets more than lebron has helped the cavs.

i apologize if you werent being sarcastic.

· Registered
2,287 Posts
you know people want to give it to him and i think he eventually will get it unless if he plays horrible ball for the rest of the season and someone else steps it up. imo, it was up between kobe and lebron. both players are amazing players but their teams are the top 3-4 in the league. kobe will get votes, but lebron's play as of late is nuts. with him all the sudden hitting GW shots and putting up big numbers and getting the cavs back into the playoffs are all big positives for this KID. he is hyped as the next MJ and giving him the MVP would raise his stock and his hype up even more. lebron being mvp would be a great thing for the nba. i will not be suprised if he wins, eventhough i think dirk should be right up there (nash too, but i really think the true mvp of the suns is marion. that guy is amazing. yes nash runs the show, but if you take nash out i think they would win more than if you took marion out). as long as lebron doesnt go into a funk, he is probably the front runner.

Reactions: Carbo04

· Registered
2,287 Posts
netsgiants said:
I'm still bitter ever since Kidd got screwed out of the award
same. i could really careless who gets the MVP ever since duncan got it over kidd. when kidd wins a finals mvp ill be happy and forget about him getting screwed :biggrin: (its tough to argue because its duncan and he had a nice year, but watching kidd was amazing that year and for a guy who did what he did for a franchise and not win the mvp really pisses me off. then we see nash get it. yes you can break down the nets season/team and the suns season/team but thats for another time)

· VAUDEVILLE VILLAIN
8,816 Posts
Netted- said:
If the Cavs don't get out of the first round he won't. If they get swept in the second I doubt it as well. The Cavs need to get to the second round AND be competitive for him to have a shot.

If not it's a fix.
with the way stern rides his strap i wouldnt be surprised if it was.

· Registered
1,024 Posts
There's no way he wins it- the simple fact is that the Cavs aren't even a top 5 team in the league.

· Banned
57,945 Posts
Netted- said:
If the Cavs don't get out of the first round he won't. If they get swept in the second I doubt it as well. The Cavs need to get to the second round AND be competitive for him to have a shot.

If not it's a fix.
Thought awards are voted on before playoffs and then sealed?

-Petey

Reactions:

· Registered
6,449 Posts
netsgiants said:
LeBron won't get it.
Word. Although he has been very clutch of late. Hornets had a pretty good lead, I thought that they were gonna win but LeBron lead his team to another comeback like he did against the Nets. LeBron will have many more chances to take multiple MVPs in the future but I don't think he'll win it this yr. LeBron is crazy good. He's making sport of the league very much like MJ did.

· Registered
5,515 Posts
Even if I don't like Kobe..but I prefer Kobe getting it than LeBron...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.