41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Reaching finals 6 times is impressive, don't matter east or west,

·
Tangible
14,515 Posts
I know in your world (which is not reality) Lebron is a robot. However, in our world he is human and humans get tired. So there is no probably to it and it was a gargantuan feat just to get the Cavs to the finals with Iman Shumpert, JR Smith and Deladova(sp) as your 2nd fiddles. Also, if you watched the Golden State series and came away thinking they single covered Lebron, you should quit commenting about basketball.
You're right. Gargantuan feat. Warrior mentality. Humongous schlong. LeBron has ascended.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
James Jones did it, too, and I'm fairly confident Double-J would have gotten the job done with or without LeBron.
:baseldance:

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
07 frankly it's amazing he had made it that far.
11 James had the pieces next to him couldn't get it done.
12+13 Won
14 Wade was broken down there was nobody else beside Bosh who gave him any support
15 He gets them to the FINALS as expected. But too many injuries means I'm impressed he made it slightly competitive.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
I know in your world (which is not reality) Lebron is a robot. However, in our world he is human and humans get tired. So there is no probably to it and it was a gargantuan feat just to get the Cavs to the finals with Iman Shumpert, JR Smith and Deladova(sp) as your 2nd fiddles. Also, if you watched the Golden State series and came away thinking they single covered Lebron, you should quit commenting about basketball.
You ARE joking, right?
The Cavs swept the pitifull Celtics in the first round WITH Irving and Love;
Then they had an interesting bout with the Bulls, where Irving played all 6 games.
Then the freaking Hawks in the ECF. The Hawks! Matter of fact, Lebron had the best of the series, but JR Smith played great (shooting worlds better than LBJ) Thompson averaged a double double and that was plenty enough.
"Gargantuan feat" my ass.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Nope.

It's not like he's made it to the finals and got absolutely smoked. Even this year people bring up how the Cavs only made it because the east is weak and blah blah blah..... yet they gave the Warriors their toughest fight of the playoffs. If they woudn't even be a playoff team out west like some have said, how does that make any sense what so ever?
You've made this point a couple times, and I know you defend the east as being not as bad as people say it is (which I'm fine with), but if LeBron lost in 4 out of 6 finals against the west, it stands to reason that he would have only made the finals 2 times in the west, right? Since he would have had to play the team that beat his team in the finals, except in an earlier round? You can't say the 2011 Heat would have made it to the finals in the west if they would have had to play the 2011 Mavericks to get there. Same for the 2014 Heat, 2007 Cavs, 2015 Cavs, etc. LeBron would have made the finals probably 2 times in the west, and won the chip both years.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
You've made this point a couple times, and I know you defend the east as being not as bad as people say it is (which I'm fine with), but if LeBron lost in 4 out of 6 finals against the west, it stands to reason that he would have only made the finals 2 times in the west, right? Since he would have had to play the team that beat his team in the finals, except in an earlier round? You can't say the 2011 Heat would have made it to the finals in the west if they would have had to play the 2011 Mavericks to get there. Same for the 2014 Heat, 2007 Cavs, 2015 Cavs, etc. LeBron would have made the finals probably 2 times in the west, and won the chip both years.
Conversly you could say the same thing about the Spurs and other recent teams who made the finals for the west and lost.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Conversly you could say the same thing about the Spurs and other recent teams who made the finals for the west and lost.
Agreed, if you lose in the finals to the best team in the east/league, obviously you wouldn't have made it to the finals out of the east. This means the two Heat championship teams who were the best teams in the league would have made the finals out of the west most likely, but LeBron's other teams wouldn't have made it. So being in the east clearly helped LeBron get to the finals as many times as he has, and is also the reason why he is 2-4. In the west, he'd probably be 2-0 in the finals with a bunch of conference finals or conference semifinals losses.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Watched every LeBron game for four years. I don't care what the sheep or the Stephen A.'s of the world think. I've seen about a dozen playoff series where LeBron played better than he did in this one. Boston, Indy, Chicago, San Antonio...This Finals was just everyday LeBron.

Everyone wants to overhype it or romanticize it, but sorry I'm not down with that. If anything I thought he underachieved. Ask Sir Patchwork how many times over the years he and I have talked about LeBron and Durant and I've said, "LeBron is the best player in the world and it's not even close." If you told me before this Finals that Golden State would switch every screen and single cover LeBron all series? I'd have told you he would score about 40 a game and AT LEAST 55%. Are you kidding me? Single cover the best player in the world? It's like people just conveniently forget that he settled for awful shots at the buzzer of games 1 and 2, disappeared in game 4, and had defensive lapses all series.

Again, I'm gonna evaluate him honestly. He was probably exhausted by all the games. But that's not a free pass. That wasn't, "OMG GREATEST SERIES, FIRST LOSING TEAM MVP IN 50 YEARS," level performance. That shit can go right alongside Pecos Bill and the rest of the Tall Tales.
They won two games with Mozgov as a second option and Tristan Thompson offensive putbacks and lobs as a third option. Against a team that had 3 players getting DNP-CDs that would threaten to start on the Cavs. That speaks a lot more to me than a 39% field goal percentage while shooting 40 times a game. As good of a scorer Lebron is, one on one scoring in the half court isn't even close to one of his tops strengths. I mean the dude doesn't really have a go to move.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Also dig up the KevinBlazer guy who lost his freaking mind during the whole process and I think had the admins delete his entire account over it.
My archives are slipping, remind me what he did? I remember he said something racist and I kept giving him a hard time about it, but I think he got banned for something he did in one of those KVBL geek leagues or something. I also enjoyed e-monk PMing people voting against him saying they didn't understand the process.

I remember 23AJ quitting too. And I think @hobojoe had a lobsided victory over @XxIrvingxX or someone? Didn't hobojoe win it all?

That thing was a ton of fun, and to think if I wasn't invited I probably wouldn't of even opened a thread. Thanks @RollWithEm.

·
Premium Member
100,010 Posts
My archives are slipping, remind me what he did? I remember he said something racist and I kept giving him a hard time about it, but I think he got banned for something he did in one of those KVBL geek leagues or something. I also enjoyed e-monk PMing people voting against him saying they didn't understand the process.

I remember 23AJ quitting too. And I think @hobojoe had a lobsided victory over @XxIrvingxX or someone? Didn't hobojoe win it all?

That thing was a ton of fun, and to think if I wasn't invited I probably wouldn't of even opened a thread. Thanks @RollWithEm.
That's how I remember it too.

·
Warrior Spirit!
4,216 Posts
I always find it funny when people try to downplay LeBron's championship victories saying he was on a "super team" and at the same time ridicule his losses in Miami because he was on a "super team". Lol like it's so easy to win the finals. MJ ruined realistic expectations for every fan ever.

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Does this, in any way, affect his legacy in your opinion? Do people look at 2007 and 2015 and not use it against him because of how bad those teams were? What about the two losses with Miami on stacked teams? Let's say he ends his career 2-4 and doesn't get back to the Finals (unlikely, I know). How would you view his legacy?
No.

Jerry West went 1-8.

He is still champion.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
I always find it funny when people try to downplay LeBron's championship victories saying he was on a "super team" and at the same time ridicule his losses in Miami because he was on a "super team". Lol like it's so easy to win the finals. MJ ruined realistic expectations for every fan ever.
In the last 16 seasons, there's been 3 series going 7, but also 2 sweeps.
Losing team average wins are 1.62 games a series.

·
Administrator
67,767 Posts

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Serious, though... I am happily excepting suggestions for format on the legends league.
Maybe you should asked the people that didn't like the other format. I liked it.

·
Administrator
67,767 Posts

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts

Wasn't over me. My team beat his.

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
41 - 60 of 73 Posts