Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People have been waiting for it, well here it is.

Okay. I admit it. I was dead wrong about the Chicago Bulls.

Even before they started the season 0-9, I was not a big believer that this team would compete for a playoff spot. After the miserable beginning, I was certain that they would be a non-factor.

I thought they were too young. Wrong.

I thought Eddie Curry and Tyson Chandler were too inconsistent. Wrong.

I thought Ben Gordon was going to have a hard time, as a 6'2" shooting guard, getting his shot and being a reliable scorer. Wrong.

Finally, I was not convinced that Scott Skiles would be able to keep control of this team after their horrendous start. Wrong again.

Sorry, the rest is insider and I can't post it here.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=legler_tim&id=2028436

Link To Nothing

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Tim Legler eats crow!

espn insider article. i begrudingly give him respect for admitting the error of his ways.

espn insider

summation:

admits he was WRONG about it all! thought bulls were a "non-factor". that
they never make the playoffs.

wrong about tyson & eddy, ben, skiles. that gordon and curry are the
keys to success (i agree!)

bulls are serving notice that they are force to be reckoned with in the east. in the future the bulls will be the team in the east finals year after year.

well, tim, you just saved me the trouble of having to prepare you a nice dish of crow. thank you.

:banana:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Re: Tim Legler eats crow!

For a second there I thought he actually ate crows.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Nice to see a reporter admit he was wrong, doesn't happen too often these days.

·
Ugliest SupMember
1,704 Posts
Time Legler is still Time Legler. At the end of the article, he claims that we can't beat Miami in the second round with certainty. I know Miami is one of the best teams but chicago is chicago. We suprise people.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
i'm not a huge Legler fan -- in fact, I'm not a fan at all -- so my take may be colored. but, do any of you get the feeling that his articles are ghost written? editorials, especially those written by ex-players, seem to have a voice. i think back to those by wennington, seve kerr, jwill, and baxter and they all had a destinctive flow. there is an authinticity in the way they're not polished like the regular "jorunalism major" faire. i'd wager that this rather mediocre response to some stupid early season comments was completely written by a paid-by-the-hour espen lacky forced to try to sculpt the opinions of an "expert" into an article.

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
such sweet thunder said:
i'm not a huge Legler fan -- in fact, I'm not a fan at all -- so my take may be colored. but, do any of you get the feeling that his articles are ghost written? editorials, especially those written by ex-players, seem to have a voice. i think back to those by wennington, seve kerr, jwill, and baxter and they all had a destinctive flow. there is an authinticity in the way they're not polished like the regular "jorunalism major" faire. i'd wager that this rather mediocre response to some stupid early season comments was completely written by a paid-by-the-hour espen lacky forced to try to sculpt the opinions of an "expert" into an article.
Could this "ghost writer" be his editor?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts